Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Southwest RR Plus Approved!

tag
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Chase Southwest RR Plus Approved!

During the first half of August I app ritz which resulted in Discover IT, Cap 1 QS1, and Cap 1 Platinum PC to QS. I was reading in the credit cards forum about Chase cards which didn't fit the 5/24 rule. I googled the data points for the Disney card and wondered what if for the Chase SW card. I did a little more research and decided to take the risk. Nothing on Chase's prequel. Went to my email and pulled a Rapid Rewards update email (I just got back from a trip last week), and cold app. Approved SL $3,000 (my highest to date. Chase pulled Experian as far as I know. My Fico 8 score is 670 showing 15% utilization. Statements will be hitting my reports next week and the utilization will go up. I'm not planning on using it unless I'm traveling, but **bleep** that feels good. 😊

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Southwest RR Plus Approved!

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:
During the first half of August I app ritz which resulted in Discover IT, Cap 1 QS1, and Cap 1 Platinum PC to QS. I was reading in the credit cards forum about Chase cards which didn't fit the 5/24 rule. I googled the data points for the Disney card and wondered what if for the Chase SW card. I did a little more research and decided to take the risk. Nothing on Chase's prequel. Went to my email and pulled a Rapid Rewards update email (I just got back from a trip last week), and cold app. Approved SL $3,000 (my highest to date. Chase pulled Experian as far as I know. My Fico 8 score is 670 showing 15% utilization. Statements will be hitting my reports next week and the utilization will go up. I'm not planning on using it unless I'm traveling, but **bleep** that feels good. 😊

Are you saying you were over 5/24 and approved for Southwest Plus Chase card? 

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

How many cards have you opened in last 24 months?  

Message 3 of 14
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

Are you saying you were over 5/24 and approved for Southwest Plus Chase card? 

I looked at my experian report - it was my 5th pull. Just made it!

Message 4 of 14
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

How many cards have you opened in last 24 months?  

This is my 4th approval. I was not expecting this approval so I'm a bit surprised. Figured I would share the data points. 

Message 5 of 14
bldmt
Regular Contributor

So, 5 inquiries in the time period and 4 approvals?

Message 6 of 14
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

@bldmt wrote:

So, 5 inquiries in the time period and 4 approvals?

Correct! Citi has no love for me for me right now. Perhaps that will change in the future.

Message 7 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

**bleepin** awesomeSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 14
bldmt
Regular Contributor

Ah OK, so you are at 4/24 as far as Chase is concerned.

Message 9 of 14
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

This is one card I've wanted, but between the 5/24 rule and my BK...its been quite the challenge, lol..Congrats on the approval!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.