Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Success!

tag
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

Chase Success!

Its been a while since I applied for a new card only a few inquiries for each bureau with a couple unpaid collections a year to a year and a half old. My scores are in the 650 range with 5% utilization. I got a preapproval for a Chase Freedom Unlimited, I had the amazon and freedom card since 2011 with perfect history. Got instant approval for the freedom unlimited for $4500 and right after pulled the trigger on a chase sapphire preferred with an instant approval for $8000. If anyone is looking for a new card with generous limits it seems that Chase is being pretty lenient right now. The chase sapphire is my highest limit yet. My highest before this was my Paypal extras MC which was $5750. I also had my BOA Travel Rewards closed recently due to inactivity for 9 months which was a $5000 limit and was open for 5 years.

amazon
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Success!

@tsquad131 wrote:

Its been a while since I applied for a new card only a few inquiries for each bureau with a couple unpaid collections a year to a year and a half old. My scores are in the 650 range with 5% utilization. I got a preapproval for a Chase Freedom Unlimited, I had the amazon and freedom card since 2011 with perfect history. Got instant approval for the freedom unlimited for $4500 and right after pulled the trigger on a chase sapphire preferred with an instant approval for $8000. If anyone is looking for a new card with generous limits it seems that Chase is being pretty lenient right now. The chase sapphire is my highest limit yet. My highest before this was my Paypal extras MC which was $5750. I also had my BOA Travel Rewards closed recently due to inactivity for 9 months which was a $5000 limit and was open for 5 years.

congrats.  lenient?  if you pif/pfd your obligations you could have prob gotten 2-3x what you did once you scores sailed upward.  fico has no memory with collections, I never understand appiing before doing what one can to a profile but that is just me.  its like magic paying collections off.  again its all what one is willing to settle for in life. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP! Those sound like pretty good numbers to me considering Chase can be pretty stingy with credit, especially lately!
Message 3 of 6
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

That's aweSome 👏 congrats , I don't think Chase has ever been known to be lenient lol but looks like they like your profile
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go!! Congrats on your approval!!

Message 5 of 6
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

CSP is on my list but no go for now 5/24.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.