Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Sync Discover Cap One - Auto CLI's & SP CLI's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sync Discover Cap One - Auto CLI's & SP CLI's

***Updated 8/31/16***

I've had a pretty good run of Auto & SP CLI's this past month. I'm hoping for some advice on what to do with my Venture Card, so comments are welcome!

CARD/BANK            Open Date:           CLI:          Date:        Auto/Rqstd            NCL     

1.) QuickSilver MC    10/2011                 $3000       7/24          Rqstd (SP)              $10,250

2.) Discover IT           05/2016                $500         8/17          Rqstd (SP)               $7,000

3.) Sync/Marvel         05/2016                $1000       8/18          Rqstd (SP)               $8,000 (rqstd via chat, Luv Button was always declined)

4.) Amex BCE           05/2016                 $4000       8/19         Rqstd  (SP)              $6,000 (this was my 3x CLI done at 100 days tho)

5.) Chase CSP -        05/2016                $5000        8/25          Auto CLI                 $10,000

6.) Venture                 05/2016                $1000       8/31          Rqst (SP)                $16,000

****Updated, went ahead and took the $1,000 CLI on the Venture, we'll see what the next 90 days yields*****

Question: Should I accept the $1,000 CLI before 5th Statement on Sep 23rd and hope for an additional CLI after my 6th Statement in October? Maybe run $1k - $2k and piff before October 23rd Statement? I've ran about $9k - $10k through since I got the card on 5/3. I have a $300 bill auto charged each month and piff before statement cuts? Let me know what you think.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sync Discover Cap One - Auto CLI's & SP CLI's

Congrats on all those CLIs

On the Venture I would take it that's pretty good and unless that's in credit steps don't really expect another CLI as soon as the 6th statement..If you take one they usually are spaced every 6 months from the last one even if it was an auto CLI.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had a pretty good run of Auto & SP CLI's this past month. I'm hoping for some advice on what to do with my Venture Card, so comments are welcome!

1.) QuickSilver MC - $3000 CLI on 7/24 (SP) now $10,250 CL

2.) Discover IT - $500 CLI on 8/17 (SP)  now $7,000 CL

3.) Sync/Marvel - $1000 CLI on 8/18 (SP) now $8,000 CL

4.) Amex BCE - $4000 CLI on 8/19 (SP) now $6,000 CL (this was my 3x CLI done at 100 days tho)

5.) Chase CSP - $5000 CLI on 8/25 (Auto CLI) now $10,000 CL

* Capital One Venture - 4th Stmt cut on 7/23 - Tried Luv Button & was offered $1,000 CLI, declined, have tried it several times since then but still just $1,000 CLI offer.  

Question: Should I accept the $1,000 CLI before 5th Statement on Sep 23rd and hope for an additional CLI after my 6th Statement in October? Maybe run $1k - $2k and piff before October 23rd Statement? I've ran about $9k - $10k through since I got the card on 5/3. I have a $300 bill auto charged each month and piff before statement cuts? Let me know what you think.

Wow what a nice increase on ALL of them! Can you share how old you had these cards and your profile? are these all done through online CLI request? most specially with your Discover! Congrats!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow what a nice increase on ALL of them! Can you share how old you had these cards and your profile? are these all done through online CLI request? most specially with your Discover! Congrats!

I updated the my original post wth a some more details.  All the accounts were opened in May 2016 with the exception of my QuickSilver, that I've had since 2011 and started at $350 when HSBC sold it to Capital One.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I updated the my original post wth a some more details.  All the accounts were opened in May 2016 with the exception of my QuickSilver, that I've had since 2011 and started at $350 when HSBC sold it to Capital One.

Thank you for more information! I'm trying to gauge when I should request for CLI on the cards I have now. With the Marvel, did you use it alot? so sorry for all my questions and thanks for replying. How many inquiries? so far all my CLI has been declined because I have about 33 inquiries on each CB Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

24MTH INQS: EX 5 | EQ 9 | TU 4.  Marvel I used online chat bc Luv button was a decline, I used it moderately, around $2500/$3000 since openeing usually PIF, balance was around $300 when requested. INQ's in the last 90 days usually get you, wait until they're all at least that old unless you have some pretty heavy usage and are making mutiple payments. Looking at your cards, best bet are the AMEX's with 3x CLI @ 61 Days if you havent already gotten it. I would check your Experian Soft Pulls and look for American Express 2 and the date of the last softpull, this should be the SP that they base the CLI request on.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is good to know! I see alot of American Express 2 on my inquiries... last one was 29th... Smiley Happy I always thought those are from when I try to hit the "Spending Power" I didnt know that it's what they use! Thank you for all the great information! So the last 90 days inquiries? I thought it's last 6 months? 

I learn so much on this forum everyday!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

6 months / 90 days, it can vary by lender. Some banks are more inquiry sensitive than others. 90 days is usually enough time from Inquiry to Account Reporting to 1 or 2 cycles to report and show usage.  If you have 10 INQ, technically that could be 10 new accounts, if they're under 90 days...that could mean you just racked up thousands of dollars in new debt on new accounts and none of it has shown up yet on your credit report.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just my opinion, but before you apply for any new accounts, you should do some reasearch on lenders that will do 2 accounts for 1 hp, and which lenders typically pull which bureaus.  Do they pull just 1 (Like Amex only pulls experian) or do they pull 2/3 (Capital One will almost always pull all 3 with Equifax Fico 5 score being the deciding factor for their prime cards (Venture Signature Visa & Quicksilver Signature Visa) ...Chase is usually Experian + TransUnion, but they do sometimes pull Equifax instead (like they did for my CSP).  Here's a link to my App Spree Thread from May 3

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Chase-CSP-APPROVED-APP-SPREE/td-p/4576525

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.