Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase TRIFECTA Achieved in 4 Months

tag
hAr1x
Valued Member

Chase TRIFECTA Achieved in 4 Months

I have decided that 2021 was a good time to get my very own Chase Trifecta. Chase double pull in my state. They pull TU for credit decision though.

First apped for Freedom Flex in January, just before the 5% grocery offer ended. Had to fax my SSN and DL for verification. $6.9k limit APPROVED the next morning.

After only 28 days, I apped for Freedom Unlimited. Came back DENIED: "Age of credit history is too new; Too many hard pulls." I immediately recon'ed. They asked for my current liquid asset. I had to send in SSN and DL again. A few days later, the CFU showed up on my account, with a whopping $500 limit. Thinking back, I really shouldn't have done 2 Chase apps within 30 days. I'm now on their radar. I moved $3.5k from my CFF for the CFU to be at least *usable*.

Now, CSP's 80k SUB is expiring in ten days. Today is also exactly 91 days after my CFU approval. Though I feared that I could be on Chase's "naughty list," I still apped for the Sapphire Preferred. I apped and Chase pulled TU. I called into recon line and was transferred to verifications. After a few minutes listening to on-hold music, the rep told me I was APPROVED for $18.4k. WOW!

So at the end, 20k+20k+80k = 120k SUB + proud owner of the coveted trifecta. I'm now 5/24 and out of Chase jail (if I garden) in Aug 2022.

11 REPLIES 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase TRIFECTA Achieved in 4 Months (while minimizing HPs)

Congratulations on your approvals!

Just hope and pray, that the big bad bear Chase, does not shut your cards down.

Message 2 of 12
hAr1x
Valued Member

I don't think my apps are grounds for shut down per se (no rule breaking, still regular spend after getting SUB), but I'm gonna be a good lad now HAHA

Message 3 of 12
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase TRIFECTA Achieved in 4 Months

Congratulations on achieving a Chase trifecta!

Now is an excellent time to garden as Chase is known for shutting cards down when included in a spree that brings you over 5/24. They will be watching your reports like a hawk for the next few months and can be easily spooked. 

Enjoy your SUBs!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 4 of 12
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the nice approvals!

Message 5 of 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 6 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Excellent CSP approval Smiley Happy

Too bad that 80K is going away in 10 days, i still have 3 months to go before I can get a Sapphire SUB again, its 4 years for them now. Turned my CSP into a freedom card.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals!

@hAr1x wrote:

I don't think my apps are grounds for shut down per se (no rule breaking, still regular spend after getting SUB), but I'm gonna be a good lad now HAHA

Actually Chase has definitely been known to shut down all cards for applying for them too quickly. I would definitely lie low for at least six months.

Message 8 of 12
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Very nice, hitting em pretty good.

Congrats on your approvals!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 9 of 12
TIPPY-BOB
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals! 🎉🎊🥳

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.