Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase United Explorer Approval - 646 EX8

tag
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

Chase United Explorer Approval - 646 EX8

I'm still a bit in shock as I'm well below the usual standard for this card, but this happened:

approval.JPG

$250 statement credit + 35k miles after $2000 spend

Still very much in the process of rebuilding, but I had a preapproval in the United app/website for this card. As I was sitting at 4/24, I really wanted my 5th card to be a Chase card, before gardening for the rest of the year. Given my current EX8 646 EQ8 640 TU8 619 FICO scores, it seemed like a tall ask. 

AAoA:  4 years, 5 months

AoOA: 7 years, 5 months

AoYRA: 4 months

2/12

4/24

Income: 70k

Paid CA still on reports along with a PIF CO with Wells Fargo. Neither will fall off before 2023.

HP on EX only. I'm in California. 

I'm a Mileage plus member who travels transcon quarterly between United hubs, on their metal, in a typical year. I'm also a skier, who likes to fly into DEN during the winter, so this card was a goal card of mine when I started my rebuild in Nov 2019 with scores in the low 500's. I noted some reports of Chase accepting people with scores in the mid 600's, but that seemed to be the exception not the norm. When I noticed I had a preapproval in the United app with a set apr detailed here in this thread, it seemed like I had a decent chance. I waited for my formerly secured Discover It to report its new $1800 limit before applying and was pleasantly surprised to see that I was approved. 

It feels like I got my first "big boy" card and I'm thrilled to have gotten my foot in the door with Chase. 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase United Explorer Approval - 646 EX8

Grats on your new UA card, good SL Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 20
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your United Explorer approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 20
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 🎊🎉🎈 on your approval.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 4 of 20
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 5 of 20
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Congrats on approval and SL!!! Enjoy!!

Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 20
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

👍 Nice grab, ...congratulations on the approval of one of your goal cards!

Message 8 of 20
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your UA Explorer card!

|  
Message 9 of 20
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

April 2024: Experian 769; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.