cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase United Explorer Approval

Valued Member

Chase United Explorer Approval

Today I got an email offer from chase for the United Explorer Card.  I have been wanting a good travel card (although would prefer Southwest) so decided to take a chance.  Applied and was approved with $5k sl.  I do have a banking relationship with Chase.  I have the Amazon Prime Visa, Freedom, and Disney Visa.  I also had a car loan through them until just last week.  My scores are not that great all hovering around 640.  But I do have a significant income.  Not sure how I was approved but I will take it.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES
Established Contributor

Re: Chase United Explorer Approval

Good on ya!!

Congrats!! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 18
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

FICO 8 [03/2013]
FICO 8 [01/2016]
FICO 8 [11/2018]
GOAL: FICO 8: 760 across the board by 2/2020!
Message 3 of 18
Established Contributor

@crnbread73 wrote:

Today I got an email offer from chase for the United Explorer Card.  I have been wanting a good travel card (although would prefer Southwest) so decided to take a chance.  Applied and was approved with $5k sl.  I do have a banking relationship with Chase.  I have the Amazon Prime Visa, Freedom, and Disney Visa.  I also had a car loan through them until just last week.  My scores are not that great all hovering around 640.  But I do have a significant income.  Not sure how I was approved but I will take it.

Congrats on the approval!! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 18
Valued Contributor

Congrats on approval and nice SL

11-2018 / Fico 8 EX 789 , EQ 796 , TR 797
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 5 of 18
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting Scores FICO 8 (Feb '18):
EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545

Current Scores

Message 6 of 18
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval.  Enjoy the signup bonus!

Beginning Journey April 2017 – FICO 8

Current Scores May 2018 – FICO 8

Started this credit game with $8400 TCL in 04/17 now I'm at $150K+.
Message 7 of 18

Congrats! I got the same email yesterday and chalked it up to marketing, maybe I’ll give it a try.
Message 8 of 18

@B335is wrote:
Congrats! I got the same email yesterday and chalked it up to marketing, maybe I’ll give it a try.

Got it as well it is marketing if you are over 5/24 i would just pass right by it Smiley Happy.. Unless you feel like a hit or two on CR's

Chase | Citibank | Amex | BofA | PenFed | NFCU | Discover | Barclay's | Fifth Third Bank | BB&T | Synovus | Commerce
Message 9 of 18

Thanks CC! Fortunately it looks like I deleted it and my mind wandered to walking the dogs Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 18