cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase United Explorer

Dtijerina48

Chase United Explorer

Yesterday I was totally dumbfounded when I found out I was approved for this card. Against credit karma, experian, and credit sesames advice that I had a poor chance and my own knowledge that there was no way on earth Id get approved I went for it. The reason for poor approval is the fact chase has a 5/24 rule along with the amount of inquiries and new accounts I have opened the possibilities were slim. I am in the process of rebuilding my credit and I decided to mass apply build up overall credit limit and over the next two years let the inquiries fall and my accounts age. Anyways when I applied for the United explorer card I forgot unlock my experian credit report which automatically threw my application for review limpo. After 14 days again to my astonishment I was approved. 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
gdale6

Re: Chase United Explorer

Sweet, enjoy your UE card & welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Dtijerina48, Congratulations on your Chase approval!

Any other Data Points you could share?

It could help other members make better informed credit decisionsSmiley Happy

ETA: Welcome to the forum.

Message 3 of 22
Dtijerina48

Credit Scores

Fico 8

Experian: 729

Equifax: 687

TransUnion: 707

Total Revolving Credit: $43,000

Utilization: 2%
New Accounts in Last 2 Years: 22

2 Car notes: $78,000

Student Loans: $82,000

Late Payments: 0

Derogatory Accounts: 3 (>5 Years)

Inquiries: 18-40 Yes this is not by means ideal. Now that I have achieved my goal of reaching a decent total revolving credit my goal is to age my accounts.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 22
Milestone
Valued Member

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 5 of 22
Dtijerina48

The other factor is knowing when your statement cutoff dates are. I always payoff my cards before my statement closes so that my cards show $0 on my credit report. 

Message 6 of 22
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊 on your Chase Approval!!!

CARDS: Discover It | QuickSilver One | Kohl’s | BBT Spectrum Cash Rewards | BBT Bright | CITI Custom Cash | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | OverStock
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574
Message 7 of 22
JLRDC909
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on your approval. I was not approved and was 5/24 with NO recon. They wouldn't entertain the thought. Told me I had to be under 5/24. I do hear of this card being less strict but unfortunately I wasn't one they allowed through the cracks. 

JR
Message 8 of 22
CreditAggie
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your United Explorer approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9:

Credit Age:

Inquiries (6/12/24 month):

Banks & CUs:

Goal Cards:

Message 9 of 22
Lou-natic
Valued Member

Congrats!

Also further proof that Chase is...I don't even know. They apply their standards willy nilly it seems and it makes no sense.

Current Cards

Goal Card

2022 goals: Garden and close VentureOne account.

1/8/22

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.