Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase United Explorer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase United Explorer

I've been wanting this card since I started rebuilding a year ago, patiently gardening over that period. Timing seemed so right as they are offering a 70K sign up bonus and I received a promotional offer for the card in the mail on Saturday.

So Sunday afternoon I took the plunge and applied. Was not instantly approved and got the dreaded 7-10 day wait period as well as an email that said you will receive feedback in 30 days. I was so bummed and figured I would have to recon this week and hopefully sweet talk them into an approval.

I woke up this morning still defeated as I logged into my Chase checking account and to my surprise I saw a United credit card on my statement with a 5K SL. Needless to say I am happy and have never been so excited to pay a medical bill in my life.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase United Explorer

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been wanting this card since I started rebuilding a year ago, patiently gardening over that period. Timing seemed so right as they are offering a 70K sign up bonus and I received a promotional offer for the card in the mail on Saturday.

So Sunday afternoon I took the plunge and applied. Was not instantly approved and got the dreaded 7-10 day wait period as well as an email that said you will receive feedback in 30 days. I was so bummed and figured I would have to recon this week and hopefully sweet talk them into an approval.

I woke up this morning still defeated as I logged into my Chase checking account and to my surprise I saw a United credit card on my statement with a 5K SL. Needless to say I am happy and have never been so excited to pay a medical bill in my life.

Riding the high of my Chase approval I went ahead and just applied for the BoA Alaska Airlines Sig and was approved for 7K. Back to the garden for another 6 months.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Outstanding! Amazing you had your Chase approval so fast. It took me three weeks. Alaska Airlines is on my short list when I leave the garden in 2017. 

Great cards. Now please come join us in the garden. We have tons of benedry in case of emergency apping temptations.Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Outstanding! Amazing you had your Chase approval so fast. It took me three weeks. Alaska Airlines is on my short list when I leave the garden in 2017. 

Great cards. Now please come join us in the garden. We have tons of benedry in case of emergency apping temptations.Smiley Happy

Yea, CSP is my next goal, will give it a shot before Christmas and our trip to Hawaii.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice, congrats on the approval 

Message 7 of 11
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 8 of 11
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

It's a great feeling! Congrats!
Message 9 of 11
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, I use to have this card, i only got it for the 50k at the time. Lol

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.