Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase United MPE Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase United MPE Approval!

Hi everyone! I have been a long-time visitor to the forums, but have never posted. I'm deciding to post now because I am still in disbelief at my SL given my current cards.

Some context:

I received a targeted offer for the MPE card with a 70k bonus after 3k spend. I have been a MileagePlus customer for a long time, and fly United as my main airline, so I decided to jump on this offer before the expiry date (7/31).

I was instantly approved for $6500, which made my jaw drop! I honestly wasn't expecting to get instantly approved, let alone approved at all.

I'm 20 years old and make $22k a year from a summer internship. I got my first credit card when I was 18. Here are some of my stats:

BoA CashRewards (8/15) - $1700 limit

Chase Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Sig (7/17) - $700

Amex BCE (7/17) - $2000

Amex PRG (7/17) - NPSL

AAoA should be roughly 4.6 months I believe with the new accounts (I think?)

No late payments, always PIF each month, never carry a balance

EX and EQ pulled

As you can see, the MPE SL is way above anything I currently have, which is why I was so shocked. I thought I was barely in with Chase given the limit on my Amazon card as well, so I couldn't be happier!

Hopefully this means I can apply and be approved for CSP in a couple months after showing some responsibility with a much higher CL. It's been my dream card for a while now, but I got denied a couple months ago for lack of history and small credit lines.

I love how much this forum has helped me to start building credit! Thank you to each and every one of you!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase United MPE Approval!

Welcome To The Forums

And looks like your very first post is proof of what some study time in here can help you to do while working your way along. Smiley Happy

Congratulations and just keep focused.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got that offer too. Very good sign up bonus. Is the AF waived the first year?
Message 3 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No Diggity, No DoubtSmiley Happy Well done and welcome to the forumSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I got that offer too. Very good sign up bonus. Is the AF waived the first year?

Unfortunately no AF waiver or statement credit. Just the 70k miles after 3k spend.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Great SL for such a young credit history and thin file. Use it wisely Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to the boards!  And congrats on your Explorer Siggy card!   You're doing a good job.  Remember, credit is a marathon, not a sprint.  Work on meeting your spend for the Explorer card and go garden for 6 months.  That will allow your scores to recover a bit from the inquiries and the new card reporting.  Keeping in mind the CSP is under 5/24.

Again, CONGRATS!!  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.