Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase and PenFed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase and PenFed

Hi all. I’ve watched these forums for awhile and thought I would post on my latest 2 cards. A little history my credit was really bad a couple of years ago I started rebuilding with a cap one secured card with a 300 limit and a month later I got a discover more with a 1000 limit. I did well with those 2 and a year later I got a cap one platinum for 500. I got in to the credit steps with it and over the course of 3 years got it up to 2750. Fast foward a few more years we were looking to buy a house. I had to clean up my credit that still some collections on it and I also had a 6 30 day later on my car loan but we were able to get a mortgage 3 years ago. After we got the house I applied for a cap one quicksilver and an AMEX everyday. I got a 3000 sl in cap one and a 1000 sl on AMEX. After about 3 months cap one upped my limit to 6k. I had also have tried to get a cli on discover but was alway unsuccessful until a month after the cap one cli, I woke up to an email that discover upped my limit to 8k!!!! Fast forward to a year after I got the house I needed a new car so I heard about PenFed so I applied for a car loan and qualified for one at 2.8%!! I was jumping for joy since my last one was thru chase at 10.5%. I had read here that PenFed would use the same pull for a credit card so I said what the hell. I got a platinum rewards card sl 15k @ 10%. After that I got a mailer for the Costco card so I applied and got 8k@ their low apr of I think 15%. Skip ahead to 8 months later and I was able to get my discover card to 18500 and did the 3xamex to 9k.
In the last couple months I tried for some cli on my cards and I got discover to 23.5k, Amex to 27k, Costco to 10.5k. I’ve got nothing on the cap one cards. I’ve always wanted a chase card so I decided to apply today and got the freedom unlimited sl 25k @16.24 and then since I didn’t get any offer from PenFed I decided to just apply for the lower cash rewards and got a sl 28k @ 11.9. For data points my util is 1% and my scores are tu 756 eq 754 ex 706. Income around 140k
Chase pulled ex and tu and I have not gotten an alert for the PenFed card. So today I was able to pick up 53k in credit. My total credit is just shy of 140k.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase and PenFed

Your re-build was great. Congratulations on your new cards and car loan-an AWESOME start to a new year! Enjoy your new cards and car.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow,  Congrats.. You've done very well with Chase and Penfed.  Both are hard to crack. 

Message 3 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Big congratsSmiley Happy. Now that you are firmly planted with really nice cards and limits, your income will help continue to open doorsSmiley Happy.

Again big congrats and thanks for sharing Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to MyFICO

Congrats on the rebuild and the approvals.  Well done

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.