Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase and discover love! CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase and discover love! CLI

I realized it's been almost 5 months since I've asked for a cli from discover. Pulled the trigger and....I'm still in the 500 club. It's still an increase so I'll take it.

Chase on the other hand....well, I've had the freedom card for a year. Never asked for an increase, and never got one. So a few days ago I call to ask for one. After verifying info I'm asked why I want an increase. I inform them that I love the card, but the 1200 sl prevents me from using it as much as I'd like(kind of true). She informs me that there will be a pull(tu as it turns out) and the result will be approved, denied, or pending. Turns out it's pending. I inwardly groan as pending for me usually results in a big fat "no". I pay my card last night and check my spending limit....

INCREASED! From 1200 to 2500. Guess I'll have the give the card more attention now Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Re: Chase and discover love! CLI

You are doing something right!!  Congrats on the Chase love.

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 2 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice, at least they double it so abit more breathing roomSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals @Fortjay

I have both Cards as well Chase Freedom Unlimited and Discover IT. Not yet due for a CLI on my Discover. Just got it September and will definitely try next yr Feb.

As for my Chase, I requested a CLI over the weekend over the phone. Got the same result like yours (Pending for Review) and a HP on my EX. I was very impatient with the result so I called the backdoor Credit Analyst and got an immediate review of my request. Got grilled for few mins and was only upped 1K. Now my new CL is 2K.

Oh well.. Just hoping for a good news from Discover in the next couple of months.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all! I was worried with chase as I did burn them in the past, but it worked out. I'm guessing they are seeing I am far more responsible with my credit than I was in my early 20's.

@erick; sounds like you were a bit disappointed, but on the bright side it wasn't a denial, so there is that. I hope discover gives you love when you ask.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fortjay

Funny how you said you burned Chase in the past. LOLZ, The reason for my grilling from the Credit Analyst was a charged off that happened 13 yrs ago with WAMU. Since they acquired WAMU I guess they felt I burned them as well.

Well just like you, I told them that was 13yrs ago and I lost my job. Now I have a stable job and been with my company now for the past 11 yrs.

I guess that was the reason for review.. But you are right, I have to be appreciative, as some won't even get pass $200 - $500 CLI on request. A little breathing room on utilization on my Chase Freedom Unlimited.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

So cool! Discover is steadily increasing AND you doubled your Chase card. Way to go! Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey @ eric_mac, if you got your disco in september, seems like your 90 days should be up so you could probably try now , is sp afterall.Smiley Wink. Good luck getting that first cli, im on the January train lolSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit

I just doubled check.. I actually applied and got approved almost the end of September and received and activated my card the first week of October.

So we will be on the same both.. January CLI request it is.. Good Luck to you!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations Fortjay! Hopefully you will start to get even bigger limits with Discover. And that's great about Chase, glad the HP was worth it!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.