Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase auto CLI #3

tag
newhis
Valued Contributor

Chase auto CLI #3

This is the third card, third auto CLI from Chase for my DW.

She started with Freedom and got $500 auto CLI after 5 months.

Then CSP and got $1000 auto CLI around month 4.

She got AARP last December and now she got $1000 auto CLI a little over 3 months.

She did put some expenses there to use the 0% promo for 12 months. Right now Freedom and CSP have $0 balance.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase auto CLI #3

Congrats to DW! I'm still waiting for my 1st auto increase from Chase. Been a year now and nothing Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 16
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats to DW! I'm still waiting for my 1st auto increase from Chase. Been a year now and nothing Smiley Sad

14 months with Freedom and nothing. Got AARP and transfered some limit to Freedom to make it Signature. I will never ask Chase for a CLI.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newhis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

14 months with Freedom and nothing. Got AARP and transfered some limit to Freedom to make it Signature. I will never ask Chase for a CLI.

Why not ask them? I called yesterday and requested 10k CLI on Freedom. The CSR said 7-10 days I would be notified of the decision. Hung up called back and asked to speak to LENDING. After a manual review 15 minutes later they gave me 2k. So went from 4k to 6k. Not much, but better than nothing Hung up, then called back and pc'd my Freedom to Freedom Unlimited Signature.

Why not call and ask them? My scores are in my siggy and I have one baddie (Paid Collection).

Only 8% UTI showing on their review.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@newhis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why not ask them? I called yesterday and requested 10k CLI on Freedom. The CSR said 7-10 days I would be notified of the decision. Hung up called back and asked to speak to LENDING. After a manual review 15 minutes later they gave me 2k. So went from 4k to 6k. Hung up, then called back and pc'd my Freedom to Freedom Unlimited Signature.

Why not call and ask them? My scores are in my siggy and I have one baddie (Paid Collection).

Unless Chase has changed something, they HP for a CLI when you ask. Chase isn't known for generous CLI's so in some cases that HP is better spent on a new card with a signup bonus.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@newhis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Why not ask them? I called yesterday and requested 10k CLI on Freedom. The CSR said 7-10 days I would be notified of the decision. Hung up called back and asked to speak to LENDING. After a manual review 15 minutes later they gave me 2k. So went from 4k to 6k. Hung up, then called back and pc'd my Freedom to Freedom Unlimited Signature.

Unless Chase has changed something, they HP for a CLI when you ask. Chase isn't known for generous CLI's so in some cases that HP is better spent on a new card with a signup bonus.

You are correct, they Hard Pulled Experian. Each to their own.

Message 6 of 16
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@newhis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You are correct, they Hard Pulled Experian. Each to their own.

I don't want to use a HP on CLI. I know I can ask but I don't want to have 3X my income on available credit.

Is just a personal choice.

Message 7 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! on Chase #3 CLI

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was the accounts reporting a zero balance before the auto CLI? Congrats....

Message 9 of 16
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Was the accounts reporting a zero balance before the auto CLI? Congrats....

Yes, almost 3 months at $0 for both. Thank you.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.