Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase auto CLI, Cap One QS CLI approved, AMEX 3X CLI denied, EX EE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase auto CLI, Cap One QS CLI approved, AMEX 3X CLI denied, EX EE

Received a $200 CLI on my CO QuickSilver a few days ago, with the card being two years old and a SL of $300) and was a PC at 6 months from a platinum. Up to $2,100 limit now. My score has improved dramatically since approval, but I opened new cards this year. Not sure if the CLI amount is related to the new accounts or it started as a credit steps card. I'm in the garden for a while, so I expect my scores will only continue to increase. I guess I will find out how this card will grow next time it's up for a CLI.

After logging into my account a week or so ago, I noticed Chase gave me an auto-CLI of $2,500. I don't have a clue how that happened, because there really hadn't been any changes to my credit report. I do use it very heavily. Don't know if that has made a differene or what. Now I'm paranoid that it was a mistake, becuase I haven't received a notification or mail saying anything about it.

I was denied the 60-day 3x CLI from AMEX on Delta Gold, based on score, which was 639 at time of CLI request (643 when approved). I was kinda expecting that, but tried anyways. My rationale was I would have to wait 90 days for the next request, when I expect my score to be much higher. I wasn't counting on an EX EE or I would have certainly waited.

Called EX yesterday concerning a charge-off on my account from 2011. They had previously said it would not be removed until September. I also had a collection account related to it, which they had marked for a July delete. I've called every month since January requesting both to be removed, to no avail. Yesterday, they finally took them both off. My AAoA dropped by only two months, thanks to my student loans being opened around the same time as the auto loan. Yesterday, my EX score was 638. Today, it is 676.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase auto CLI, Cap One QS CLI approved, AMEX 3X CLI denied, EX EE

Good work on the diligence with EX. Smiley Happy

Chase didn't notifiy me when they gave me my auto-CLI. I just happened to stumble upon it. I think that's their typical MO.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

No doubt the Chase auto-CLI came due to the heavy usage that you referenced.  With a relatively low SL, Chase has been known to give auto-CLIs with solid usage so long as your profile remains constant or improves.

Your Capital One account is definitely a "starter account" so the CLIs you see there (if you get any at all) will be small.  That account may cap out at a low limit and stop growing.  It's just what happens with CO starter accounts. 

You'll likely get your 3X CLI with Amex next go-round. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATULATIONS on the CLIs!

re Chase... Awesome autoCLI. What was your SL? How long have you had it? I got an autoCLI at 3.5mo. They never notified me, it was just a happy surprise. I would love to get another autoCLI on my CFU.

re CapOne... You opened new CapOne accts? My QS is definitely in a deep bucket. I've considered closing it. Decided to SD it, and get the GM card after gardening till 2019. If opening new card brings autoCLI... 

omg 2019 sounds so far away, but w/2 new Chase cards... gardening is good, probably wise.

Chase CLI request requires HP, right?  

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you request for Chase CLI, you will get HP at least from what I gathered from this forum because it happened to most people. However, I was lucky in 2014/2015 back when I asked for CLI they not only give the SP on CLI but also upgrading my cards. However, that was only one time CLI on each card (Slate and Freedom). My card limit on each card is still low after more than 16 years and 11 years. 

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS on the CLIs!

re Chase... Awesome autoCLI. What was your SL? How long have you had it? I got an autoCLI at 3.5mo. They never notified me, it was just a happy surprise. I would love to get another autoCLI on my CFU.

re CapOne... You opened new CapOne accts? My QS is definitely in a deep bucket. I've considered closing it. Decided to SD it, and get the GM card after gardening till 2019. If opening new card brings autoCLI... 

omg 2019 sounds so far away, but w/2 new Chase cards... gardening is good, probably wise.

Chase CLI request requires HP, right?  

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS on the CLIs!   Thank you!

re Chase... Awesome autoCLI. What was your SL? How long have you had it? I got an autoCLI at 3.5mo. They never notified me, it was just a happy surprise. I would love to get another autoCLI on my CFU. SL was $9,000. Opened January 2018.

re CapOne... You opened new CapOne accts? My QS is definitely in a deep bucket. I've considered closing it. Decided to SD it, and get the GM card after gardening till 2019. If opening new card brings autoCLI... No new CO accounts. Opened Chase Hyatt January 2018, Lowes and FNBO Feb 2018, AMEX Delta Gold March 2018, and AMEX SPG April 2018. That's when I decided it was time to plant myself in the garden.

Chase CLI request requires HP, right?  Request requires HP

Message 6 of 8
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Cap One Cli's are hard to come by.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your CLIs, especially the Chase auto-love
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.