Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase cli and things are looking great

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase cli and things are looking great

As you may have seen some of my recent posts, I'm scared of getting aa'ed based on what I've read here. Of course, I know my situation could be different based on my credit profile, habit of spending, payment, etc.

Well I woke up today to find that my csp has increased 2.5k! I started out at a borderline 5k when I applied 3 months ago with a ding on my credit. I was declined for the cfu when I apped on the same day, hoping to get only one double pull. After unsuccessful recons and the ding fell off my cr, I asked for another recon and was approved 7k with an additional single pull. Two months after that, I went for the CSR and got 18.5, making it my primary spending and also the csp obsolete.

With this increase now, it further strengthens my intent to close the csp after it reaches one year and transfer whatever I can into my CSR or fu.

Data points:
Cli received at third statement cut
Score is 740 across all three bureaus
Payment is 100%
Aaoa is 8 months with all my new accounts
Use on the card has been heavy the first two months to meet the bonus but the third month's spend has been pretty much nonexistent

Chase cli does happen!!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase cli and things are looking great

That's great! Congrats!

Message 2 of 7
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

Wow, that's some quick growth! Congrats on your success with Chase.
Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K
Message 3 of 7
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

You should go F or FU. I think the triple crown for Chase is the CSR, the Chase Freedom and the Chase Freedom Unlimited. Chase has so many other very attractive products like the Marriott, Hyatt and United, all of which have benefits and sign up bonuses I would like. The Ritz-Carlton card is also a great if expensive card to have. I just worry having so many different cards with the same bank could send red flags or cause trouble even if acquired over time and avoiding the 5/24 rule. I know it is against the grain here, but it worries me to a total credit line with one bank that is high. I saw someone on here who wanted to have a $100K credit limit just because he wanted it. That's a BK waiting to happen.

Message 4 of 7
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

Didn't see that you already have the Chase triple crown. I like Discover too.

Message 5 of 7
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Nice! A Auto CLI from chase is tough to get.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.