Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase "Selected for you" when over 5/24 - Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase "Selected for you" when over 5/24

You MDD'd (as long as that's PST)! As long as you don't bring attention to it by calling them, I think you're good.

Congrats!

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You MDD'd (as long as that's PST)! As long as you don't bring attention to it by calling them, I think you're good.

Congrats!

Thanks

What does MDD'd mean? 

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot of people have had their second accounts closed after getting two apps approved in rapid succession, which is generally the reason why they recommend giving at least three months in between apps.

I don’t recall if they were preapproved apps as in your case though, so who knows, you might be an exception. Update us in a week or two for DP?
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
A lot of people have had their second accounts closed after getting two apps approved in rapid succession, which is generally the reason why they recommend giving at least three months in between apps.

I don’t recall if they were preapproved apps as in your case though, so who knows, you might be an exception. Update us in a week or two for DP?

Thanks, will do.

I hope mine's Ok. Since most people double dip last year was for CSR and CSP, both have huge sign up bonus. Freedom and FU only $150 each I hope this wont trigger anything. 

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think it matters that you received offers for the two credit cards; typically when you get multiple offers they disappear once you select the first one.  Its very likely that Chase will take some sort of adverse action on one of the new accounts.  I would encourage you to read about another poster's recent experience with Chase after opening two credit cards 13 hours apart.  Take note of message #5 regarding Chase's post-approval review process: Chase Sapphire & Freedom approval

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the Freedom Unlimited when I was already at 5/24. The reason I was able to get around it was because my American Express card had not been reported to the bureaus. They are known to take 2 months to report a new card as opposed to 1. Like in your case, it was a "selected for you" offer for me. I already had the Freedom and had been denied for the Freedom Unlimited the first time I applied, followed by 2 unsuccessful recons. But then it popped up under "selected for you" and it was my lucky day. I also had an offer for the Slate, but wasn't interested. I sometimes get an offer for the Sapphire Preferred. Not really interested, even when I fall under 5/24 in October.

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature $5000 | Chase Freedom $1500 | JCPenney $1500 | Bank of America Cash Rewards $500 | Discover It Cash Back $3500 | American Express Blue Cash Preferred $6000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited $1500

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngrats on your approval !!!

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase "Selected for you" when over 5/24 - Update: Approved

Just One more thought.

I asked chase what time do they use, they said they use eastern time.

My two applications happened at 11:50 PM and 12:20 AM next day, both ET.

So according to Chase these are 2 applications on 2 days, NOT the same day.
And this will NOT trigger manual review??

However according to Experian, which uses PT, both of these inquiries happened on the SAME day, 8:50 PM and 9:20 PM PT. Ergo combined single HP.

Therefore this is a double dip but also NOT a double dip.

Make sense?

So the only problem I face now is using one offer twice and simply 2 really close applications. Not a true double dip like before. Besides, these 2 freedom cards are not high profile cards like CSR or CSP.

Any thoughts?
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just One more thought.

However according to Experian, which uses PT, both of these inquiries happened on the SAME day, 8:50 PM and 9:20 PM PT. Ergo combined single HP.

Make sense?

So the only problem I face now is using one offer twice and simply 2 really close applications. Not a true double dip like before. Besides, these 2 freedom cards are not high profile cards like CSR or CSP.

Any thoughts?

I'm liking your logic however I think a few weeks and you'll know for sure. Even if they close one, I'd consider this a win as your over 5/24. 

I don't have a chase card yet unfortunately, so I can't provide any experience here....I can admire the logic stated above however. 

Good luck and congrats on the approval over the 5/24!~

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Just One more thought.

Make sense?

Any thoughts?

I'm liking your logic however I think a few weeks and you'll know for sure. Even if they close one, I'd consider this a win as your over 5/24. 

I don't have a chase card yet unfortunately, so I can't provide any experience here....I can admire the logic stated above however. 

Good luck and congrats on the approval over the 5/24!~

Thanks man. If this really works then this could be the new double dip method haha. Taking advantage of the time difference. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.