Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase sapphire et al

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Chase sapphire et al

Been watching this board for a while and have gotten a lot of help in rebuilding my credit.  After finally settling a divorce and getting back on my feet, over the past year I have opened up a lot of accounts to the point that inquiries were dooming every application.  I read here about calling for reconsideration and pursued it with my last declined applications.  After calling for reconsideration and explaining my situation  I was approved for BOA Visa 1000, Total Rewards Visa 2000, and today I was approved for Chase Sapphire 5000.  I think I'll just stroll through the garden for a while now and smell the roses....thankx folks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase sapphire et al

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your new accounts Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 13
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

Good deal, congrats!!

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 4 of 13
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!  Thanks for sharing.

Message 6 of 13
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@ecxpa wrote:

Been watching this board for a while and have gotten a lot of help in rebuilding my credit.  After finally settling a divorce and getting back on my feet, over the past year I have opened up a lot of accounts to the point that inquiries were dooming every application.  I read here about calling for reconsideration and pursued it with my last declined applications.  After calling for reconsideration and explaining my situation  I was approved for BOA Visa 1000, Total Rewards Visa 2000, and today I was approved for Chase Sapphire 5000.  I think I'll just stroll through the garden for a while now and smell the roses....thankx folks

Congrats on the new CCs and garden with those roses!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 7 of 13
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 8 of 13
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@ecxpa wrote:

congrats on the new cards! 

you can request for cli online each day. when you getbyour card, set up onlune account and hit the luv button. do it once each day until you get the "we'll let you know" message. my Total Rewards card was approved for the same limit and this is what i did once a day. got my cl up to $5.2k in less than a week before the luv button stopped working. best thing about it was that the cli's were SP's. read all about this here.

Message 9 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@TravellingNomad wrote:

@ecxpa wrote:

congrats on the new cards! 

you can request for cli online each day. when you getbyour card, set up onlune account and hit the luv button. do it once each day until you get the "we'll let you know" message. my Total Rewards card was approved for the same limit and this is what i did once a day. got my cl up to $5.2k in less than a week before the luv button stopped working. best thing about it was that the cli's were SP's.

LOL... you tapped that luv button EVERYDAY?  OMG, I think you were scarred from the wooden spoon beating effects you had to take it out on something Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.