cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase showing love - CSP and Freedom Approved!

tag
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

Chase showing love - CSP and Freedom Approved!

I can't describe how ecstatic I am!

After having some student loans charged off and being dumb with credit in general as a youth (you can read my comeback story in more detail here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/My-climb-back-to-the-mountaintop/m-p/4804428), I have had quite the challenge in rebuilding my credit.

I had put this card (CSP) as my goal card some time ago and thought I'd app for it sometime in 2018. I went to several prequal sites some months ago to no real avail. But I kept hope and kept trying, seeing as it doesn't hurt your score.

Finally, I think sometime last month, the Chase and Discover prequals showed me some love. I was excited, but decided the time wasn't right. Well, with my overseas trip coming up in October (gonna see Italy), I thought it would be a good idea to get a travel card since my wife and I generally enjoy traveling out of the country anyway.

I remembered that I had read on here that Chase prequals are like 95% good as cash, so I went for it!

Details in. 'Submit' clicked. "Pending" hit. Heart sank.

Smiley Sad

But alas... I didn't give up hope! I searched these trusty forums and found this thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Chase-30-day-message/td-p/4540725

The post by u/Creditplz in particular (http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Chase-30-day-message/m-p/4588050#M120058) with the Verification Line encouraged me. I called, spoke with a very nice CS rep, and was sent a verification code.

She broke the news to me: Approved!! $21k! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

That makes it my second largest CL right behind my AmEx at $25k! I couldn't be happier, family. Happy days ahead.

Now I want to add a Discover or MasterCard to the mix to complete my portfolio. Might get rid of my Bank of America or CapOne when the time is right. Bank of America hasn't been very nice to me, keeping me at $3,400 for what feels like forever now, so we'll see. Nonetheless, Chase, I love you!

UPDATE: After doing some reading and research, it came to my attention that it's very beneficial to pair some sort of 'everyday' card with the CSP. Upon learning that, I submitted an app for the Freedom yesterday evening. I got the same 30 day message. Tried calling but the verification locale was closed for business (I applied in the evening). Called this morning and got it approved for $10k! Wow! Chase showing some love! 

AmEx FICO 8: EX [714] | Discover Credit Scorecard FICO: EX [719]

TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IN WITH CHASE! CSP FOR ME!

Congrats.  It's a nice card. 🎉🎊🍾🐬🎈

Message 2 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Your down with CSP yeah you know YOUSmiley Wink Big grats on a super approval. Enjoy ItalySmiley Happy
Message 3 of 14
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Well done, congrats!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 4 of 14
Longroad
Established Contributor

Congrats on the CSP!!!!! Chase has been very good to me as well. 

Have fun in Italy!!!!

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent! Congratulations!!

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on the great approval.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woo hoo! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 14
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Awesome SL.

Congrats! Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh that’s awesome. Congrats on the limit!

Chase is my favorite for CCs. They are the first to give me a chance with a good card with a higher limit.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.