Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase southwest recon success!!!!

tag
Dstro
Established Member

Chase southwest recon success!!!!

I am so happy this morning! It's been a long rebuilding journey to re-establish my credit. I am grateful to capital one for taking a shot with a 2 QS 1 cards and providing generous CLI increases. Yesterday I applied for the chase southwest card. I received the 30 day response aka declined. I called the recon number. The guy that answered was absolutely awesome. Asked me straight forward questions on my past derogs. They are all paid now and I was honest. I told him I lacked credit discipline but for the past 4 years capital one took a chance on me and I've been rebuilding. He overturned the decision but I had to call in this morning to verify my identity. After calling right at 5am PST, I was approved with a 2k limit. I'm relocating from California to the Dallas area in 2 weeks for work. This card and the 50k bonus will be a relief off my shoulders when booking flights to come back to see my son.

What a great way to start my TACO TUESDAY!!!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
datrucking210
Established Contributor

Re: Chase southwest recon success!!!!

Congrats on your recon approval!

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

what number did you call?  I just got the same message.... Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoo hoo Dstro!! Big Congrats and good luck with your move and new job!!

Message 4 of 8
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! It's always good to hear a good recon story. Smiley Happy

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 5 of 8
Dstro
Established Member

i called 888-245-0625.  Focus on the positive and be honest on any negative they bring up.  I was impressed on how helpful they were.  Good Luck!

Message 6 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the recon approval!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 8
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.