Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chevron Card CLD and CLI

tag
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

Chevron Card CLD and CLI

Havent used my Chevron card in over a year. They lowered my credit line from 10k down to $1,024. Called today and asked for a CLI. Back to $10k. Nice try Synchrony!!

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chevron Card CLD and CLI

EpicSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on monster CLI !!!!

Message 3 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Kevin5974 wrote:
Havent used my Chevron card in over a year. They lowered my credit line from 10k down to $1,024. Called today and asked for a CLI. Back to $10k. Nice try Synchrony!!

Wouldn't this kind of be expected, especially from SYNCB, for non-usage?  I mean, some lenders can either CLD or close accounts after a period of prolonged inactivity.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kevin5974 wrote:

Get your way with Synchrony—you own the card. Congrats, OP! Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 10
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

Youre right. This card could be cancelled for non usage. Luckily, they gave me a wakeup call by reducing my credit limit. Next time I fill up my 42 gallon tank, Ill be sure to use their card so I can go another 15+ months without using it.

I carry four Synchrony cards for a combined limited of $65k. I charge about $500/yr between the 4 and always PIF. Ive never had a problem in four years doing this.

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 10
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I had the same thing happen.  Synchrony CLDed my QVC card from $2500 to $1024 for non usage. A week later I bought some kitchen bobble and they restored my $2500 line back.  About 2 months later, Synchrony auto CLIed me to $3900. I had thought about closing this account to clear up some exposure I have with Synchrony but now I think Ill hold onto this card for awhile

Congrats OP

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

That's where some people go wrong thinking you have to over spend to keep the Sync monster happy. Just use them when possible and pif and you should be ok. I haven't had any issues either so far. But not using them can cause problems in the endSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interestingly, 1024 is a power of 2... commonly seen in programming/computer science, but not so much in finance... it must be a number the computer reserves as a credit limit for a special case such as an account that hasn't been used in a long time.  CLD to that amount, and any account that goes on unused with that limit for X months/years gets closed.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.