Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choice Privileges Visa Signature Instant Approval With Recon CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Choice Privileges Visa Signature Instant Approval With Recon CLI

Well, I decided to come out of the garden a month early after receiving a mail offer from Choice Hotels for their Privilege Visa. The offer included a 38,000 point bonus after $1000 in spend in the first 90 days, which is equal to about 4 nights worth of free stays.  I'll hit the SUB in a couple weeks with such a low threshold.  I entered the info and got an almost instant response with a $3700 limit, which was a bit disappointing.  I have like 25 inquiries in the last 12, so i wasnt entirely surprised.

I always PIF and my highest limit is my venture at $20k.  I decided to call the analyst number and ask for a recon, and was pleasantly surprised with the experience.  I verified my info and told him I'd like $5k minimum to get the siggy, I was okay with $5k since it is my first account with Barclay.  He put me on hold for a few and came back and said the $5k was no problem.  I accepted the CLI, then he asked if I would take a higher limit.  I told him I'd take whatever they wanted to give me, so he offered $7500, and I took it.

Data Points:

Pulled - TU Bankcard 8

Current Score - 793

AAoA - 48 months

Income - $166,000

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Choice Privileges Visa Signature Instant Approval With Recon CLI

Big grats looks like you struck MIDNIGHT GOLD😋
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on CLI! That is way it always pays to recon becuase all they can do is say no. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback and congrats on the approval! I've got my eyes set on a Barclay card after I garden for a bit so nice to know.... keep up the good work!

Message 4 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats although it won't be a siggy at least initially.. Even though it broke the 5k barrier they go off intial approval amount of card that is issued.  For example my Uber visa was initally 4k and reconned and asked for 10k and was granted it without issue, but the platinum version remained.  You have many other Signature cards which I doubt you use the benefits on regardless so minus one isnt going to hurt ya.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.