Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CiTi DC SP+HP CLI SuCCESS!

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

CiTi DC SP+HP CLI SuCCESS!

It had been 6 months to the date since my last sp cli request with them had been made so with no further adue hit the button and recieved a whopping $1k increase from $3,500. I was approved for this card  last June during my rebuilding process so got in the door with a $2k SL and 23.49 APR. Last attempt 6 months ago after the sp increase I let them off the hook by not requesting a hp for additional wiggle room. Not making the same mistake twice, immediately requested $25,000 total and a  hp on the report. Got the 24 hour for a decision is made message so went about my day. Checked my emails this afternoon and there it was an email from CiTi granting my request for the full $25k!  So all told, went from $3,500 to $4,500 to $25,000 all in less than 8 hours. This one was well worth a HP!.

Pretty estatic about this one as I had them on the chopping block many times over the year. Now to work them on reducing the APR which a rep has already put in a request to have my account reviewed again for.

Few data points: averaged about $200 spend a month with recurring bill pay set up. PIF each month.

Fico score at the time of pull was 740 ish or thereabouts

Only 2 inquiries this year on EQ

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: CiTi DC SP+HP CLI SuCCESS!

That's awesome!!!

I've mentioned this several times about taking the HP right after the SP. Most folks will whimp out and take the $1500 SP increase. Lol

A big congrats and one heck of a CLI to boot!

Message 2 of 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats there! Seeing that type of success has my finger itching.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Income must be decent to get that high with Citi.
Congrats on an incredible cli with them.
Citi has been a thorn in my heel since 2012 when I got my first card. They refuse any cli for me,even with a good.
They obviously like what they see. Incredible
Message 4 of 17
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Gmood without a doubt I remember specifically your posts regarding CiTi and taking that hp to get a more sizable increase. Now this is something I can definitely worth with moving forwards thanks so much my friend for your inspiration. 

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 5 of 17
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Thanks so much Simplynoir! 

Message 6 of 17
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Thanks thorshammer! Yes income was sufficient enough for me to feel confident with the request!

Message 7 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow Bruised thats amazing and more than worth a hp. 25k on the Dc with Citi, yeah my friend you rode Gmood express of no fear babySmiley Happy. Well done and finally take a stroll through the CitiSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 17
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Thanks so much AJC!  Well put my friend Smiley Wink Yes Gmood is like that one player on every team that raises the level of play of their teammates just by their very own presence Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

BC, congrats on that HP CLI!  I will be following in your footsteps the first week of November when I hit the 6 month mark with Citi.  I too will be doing the SP+HP combo, so it's great to hear about your success here.  I am a bit surprised that with using less than 10% of your credit limit on average that they'd increase your limit that much.  I've been using about 40%-60% of my limit each cycle, so your success using a small percentage makes me feel pretty solid about going big on my request as well.  My plan is to ask for $30k.  Also, do they pull your EQ Bankcard 8 score for the CLI request?  Does anyone know if they provide you with your score at the time of the CLI approval?

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.