Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CiTi DC SP+HP CLI SuCCESS!

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: CiTi DC SP+HP CLI SuCCESS!

I dont know Brutal, i always thought Citi pulls your EQ fico but i could be wrong in maybe thats where your hp comes from but maybe they use the bankcard version in approval
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not really sure what scoring model they use to be honest.  I thought there's a chance it could be bankcard since that's the score they provide with your account.  It doesn't have to be, though, and certainly could be something else like 08.  Hopefully the OP or someone else that has been approved for a HP CLI from Citi can chime in on that.

Message 12 of 17
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Thanks BBS! I believe they used EQ for the pull as I did get an alert yesterday. As far as the scoring model not sure yet until I get the letter or email. I know they use Fico Bankcard 08 for monthly sp updates.Just a little background on my relationship with them. Took my initial $2K SL near the max a couple of times early on when I got the card and didn’t even recieve my first sp cli until my 9th month with them. After reviewing some posts from Gmood about just going ahead and taking a hp I then decided to shoot for the stars on this one and it was approved. My Fico bankcard scores started off in the mid 600’s but with some timely gardening and picking my apps here and there was able to raise my bankcard score to almost the mid 700’s. I believe that really played a factor in them finally opening up the vault! I think with your spend and scores you should have no trouble getting $30K. Let us know what happens!

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 13 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

First off, congrats on a well-executed gamble! I may have to consider going big with a HP next time around. I have a BT on mine and have actually run $1000 through my Diamond Preferred the past 4 weeks since they gave me 5% on restaurants and movie theaters for Q3 and Q4. (0% on all for 21 months so no harm in new purchases.) Eventually planning to PC to Dividend, but maybe I should ask them for $50k or so just to see if they do it or counter? As for the APR, along with balance chasing DW on her card a decade ago, they also rate jacked her from like 13 to 25.49%. I got that down to 14.49% by requesting an APR decrease via chat every 48 hours. Got 2% reduction 5 times in a row and another 1% on the 6th try.
Message 14 of 17
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Thanks so much K! I was really confident that they would either approve my full request or at the very least counter it. Honestly I was probably expecting $10K at the most with CiTi but they completely blew me away with the approval. Now I can fully take advantage of the BT offers they're bombarding me with. And I must just try your strategy in hitting them up on chat for that APR reduction on a more consistent basis cant hurt. 😉

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 15 of 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Totally try the chat.  You're going to love it when you get the CSR that says:

"I have a good news.  I find that you have three offers on your account. 1.) 1% reduction to prime + x%, currently x%, 2.) 1.5% reduction to prime + y%, currently y%, 3.) 2% reduction to prime + z%, currently z%.  Which one would you like me to apply?"

It can be a difficult decision to make right on the spot like that.

Message 16 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks to myFicoSmiley Wink, i tried a BT with my DC but paid it back like 3 weeks later!. Me gets the feelin they no likey, havent seen any more bt offers.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.