Did you mean: 

CiTi Double Cash CLI Approved!

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Re: CiTi Double Cash CLI Approved!

@MoneyBurns wrote:

@ bruisedcredit,

I believe during that time my scores were around the 720-730s. Hope that helps!!!

Thanks sabrewulf for sharing your data points. Since my scores are a tad below 700 I think I will hold off on requesting more credit with them. Don't want to waste a pull.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 11 of 20
restdani
New Contributor

how often have you requested your other CLI's before this one got approved? my DC is still fairly new, but i want more than a measly $2.4k on it, considering my DP is twice that line. but they always deny my SP requests. :-(
Message 12 of 20
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@restdani wrote:
how often have you requested your other CLI's before this one got approved? my DC is still fairly new, but i want more than a measly $2.4k on it, considering my DP is twice that line. but they always deny my SP requests. :-(

I tried monthly to get increases on my Double Cash card always denied up until my 10 month opening the card. Sp increase to $3,500 SL was $2,000 There reason for me was too many inquires which I didn't have that many around 13 but many accounts opened. CiTi is jealous about those things. How long have you had your card? What's your usage? 

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 13 of 20
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Their too many INQs jargon is a standard response. It doesn't mean anything. Now OP your CLIs will fall roughly 180 days apart from receiving the first.

It took me a year to get my first increase. It was only $1400. I immediately requested more.

Whenever you decide to take a HP, always shoot for the stars! My limit for 12 months was $3000. I asked for $20,000 after the $1400 SP CLI. It was granted surprisingly. If I were afraid to take a HP. I'd still have a limit below $8000 with 2 years of SP CLI.

Instead its now just above $30,000.

At some point, you have to be a little aggressive. When situations calls for it.  

The window is small and not open long to HP request after the SP. If you wait too long and try it. You will be denied. The message will state that you've had a recent increase until 180 days has passed.

Message 14 of 20
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

The too many INQs jargon is just a standard response. It doesn't mean anything. Now OP your CLIs will fall roughly 180 days apart from receiving the first.

It took me a year to get my first increase. It was only $1400. I immediately requested more.

Whenever you decide to take a HP, always shoot for the stars! My limit for 12 months was $3000. I asked for $20,000 after the $1400 SP CLI. It was granted surprisingly. If I were afraid to take a HP. I'd still have a limit below $8000 with 2 years of SP CLI.

Instead its now just above $30,000.

At some point, you have to be a little aggressive. When situations calls for it.  

Good point Gmood1 That is exactly my plan around in a few months when my next increase is due just as soon as they offer the sp language I will apply for that and then hit them up for a hp increase. I need the card to be over$10k to be usable and CiTi is often pretty tight with the purse strings. $30k is an very impressive limit with them.

Message 15 of 20
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Set your calendar, the next increase will fall 180/181 days from today. Mine have been like clockwork. The SP CLIs have gotten larger over the last two. The second was $2200 and the most recent was a $8000 CLI.

Message 16 of 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on reeling this SP CLI!!

So thrilled for you. Citicards maintains a firm grip on how they go about with scheduling these and i must say that they are or have been anyway very dependable in that respect.

You might even have some eligibility for an APR reduction when you request it now that your CLI is sewed up Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 20
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 marking that calender!

@CreditMajic7 thanks so much! I think I will hit them up for that APR reduction real soon Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the DC since May of 2016 with a CL of $1200. I have asked for a CLI every month for the last 5 months and I get decline. When I get the letter in the mail for being declined it always states I have too many inquiries. I just have quit using it.

Message 19 of 20
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had the DC since May of 2016 with a CL of $1200. I have asked for a CLI every month for the last 5 months and I get decline. When I get the letter in the mail for being declined it always states I have too many inquiries. I just have quit using it.

What are your current scores, if you don't mind me asking? If your credit file is clean. You may have to take a HP for an increase.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.