Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA Approval

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Citi AA Approval

Great job, my friend!  Smiley Very Happy  If you gotta spend the money anyway, you might as well get a bonus!  Smiley Wink

Huge congrats!  screamer.gif

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Toast-Fireworks-Gif.gif

Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the DC card for over a year. Starting limit 1000 and they only gave me one credit limit increase to 1500. So a few days ago I decide to apply for the city aadvantage Platinum Card too. I didn't think I would get it because I only had a 670 on Experian and a 670 on Equifax..
But they gave me one with a 4200 starting limit.
Message 22 of 34
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

"......Will take it for the 3k spend in 3 months easy-peasy with my medical crap one swipe at 3k will finish that spend lol."

The swipe is always the easy part.  Its the writing of the check that always slows me

Congrats CC

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 23 of 34
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

What are your inquiries look like? Right now Citi or anyone declining me for too many inquiries. So i basically have to wait at least 6-10 months before i try again. Looking to get the DC and AA card.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 24 of 34
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@sghosh5 wrote:

What are your inquiries look like? Right now Citi or anyone declining me for too many inquiries. So i basically have to wait at least 6-10 months before i try again. Looking to get the DC and AA card.

Inquiries have never caused me an issue with citibank.. They usually just tack that excuse on to applications they don't want to approve for one reason or another people have been approved for citi cards with 30-50 inquiries for example, but in my case EQ I had 6 and Experian I ha 12 it was a double pull between the two.  Alot of new accounts in the last 12 months.  > 10.

Message 25 of 34
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Meanmchine wrote:

"......Will take it for the 3k spend in 3 months easy-peasy with my medical crap one swipe at 3k will finish that spend lol."

The swipe is always the easy part.  Its the writing of the check that always slows me

Congrats CC

lol ya got that easy to swipe, not so fun to pay Smiley Happy.. I have the money in my bank account though as had to be spent anyways so willl swipe then PIF when charge posts Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and the great SL. Did you specifically apply for the Platinum Select? If so, why?  have been trying to figure out the difference between that one and the Executive card. 

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Ya I suck at gardening since closing on house I can care less about what MF score is in the short term although about 700 which is good enough for me to get approved for pretty much whatever I want.. I have to still spend about another 8k in next few months (medical) so figured I mise well get some more bonuses out of it..  Got my DC about 40 days ago so was hoping this would go through just fine and it did..  So have the Costco Visa at 7500, Citi Premier at 6500 and the DC at 8500 and now this one at 9500..  So Citi is starting to warm up to me.. I blame you AJC for making me think of citi lol.. Scores in the 710-720 range, income 6 figures AAoA around 3.5 years, oldest account 25+ years, etc.. Any other questions feel free to ask.  Wonder what my internal limit is with Citi shrug as they are pretty cheap typically; gotta be getting close to it I suppose..  Will be downgrading or closing out my premier though prior to AF.

Will take it for the 3k spend in 3 months easy-peasy with my medical crap one swipe at 3k will finish that spend lol.

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 4.40.05 PM.png

Message 27 of 34
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval and the great SL. Did you specifically apply for the Platinum Select? If so, why?  have been trying to figure out the difference between that one and the Executive card. 

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Ya I suck at gardening since closing on house I can care less about what MF score is in the short term although about 700 which is good enough for me to get approved for pretty much whatever I want.. I have to still spend about another 8k in next few months (medical) so figured I mise well get some more bonuses out of it..  Got my DC about 40 days ago so was hoping this would go through just fine and it did..  So have the Costco Visa at 7500, Citi Premier at 6500 and the DC at 8500 and now this one at 9500..  So Citi is starting to warm up to me.. I blame you AJC for making me think of citi lol.. Scores in the 710-720 range, income 6 figures AAoA around 3.5 years, oldest account 25+ years, etc.. Any other questions feel free to ask.  Wonder what my internal limit is with Citi shrug as they are pretty cheap typically; gotta be getting close to it I suppose..  Will be downgrading or closing out my premier though prior to AF.

Will take it for the 3k spend in 3 months easy-peasy with my medical crap one swipe at 3k will finish that spend lol.

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 4.40.05 PM.png

Applied for the WEMC platinum select due to no AF for first year and 60k mile promo vs. the Executive card that has what a 450 AF and 50k sign-up?  Granted it has lounge access which I can really care less about personally as have enough airline credit with other card that I can buy AA day passes or month passes with if needed otherwise have centurion lounger or PP lounge access as well.. Hope this answers your question.  Sure there are other perks as well, but my city isnt a huge AA hub city, etc with straight through flights to places i frequent.

Message 28 of 34
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Do you mind sharing your credit scores? My scores are just close to 700s. I may wait till they reach around 750.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 29 of 34
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@sghosh5 wrote:

Do you mind sharing your credit scores? My scores are just close to 700s. I may wait till they reach around 750.

Citi used 08 enhanced so around the 720's... Alot more goes into decision than scores though being your whole profile and history with them as well along with income, assets, house,etc...  Still some old late > 120 days 6.5+ years old and paid CO's, etc...  All falling off around oct/nov this year.

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.