Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA MileUp Decline --> Approved

tag
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi AA MileUp Decline --> Approved

Nicely done OP!  Another forum member about to take to the skies with the AAdvantage miles!

Message 11 of 13
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Forgot I recieved a pre-approval in the mail for the AA Mileup card from Citi. They have been sending me these like crazy lately. I pulled the trigger and got an immeadite decline due to BK on my previous cards with them (IIB $200,000+) 8 years ago. Was rather annoyed so I waited until I got the letter today, which stated previous BK, laste payment history, existing cards are restricted. 

I called in the recon line, spoke with an analyst explained that I have 2 existing Citi Cards (BBY, Costco) for several years now, and that I have used them well with out paying late. She put me on hold, came back and said I will approve you for $5,000. I asked if that was the highest she could approve as with my costco card that I have had for 3 years now, the credit line has not moved and don't want to get stuck with a $5,000 card for the next several years. She put me on hold for less than 30 seconds and said "You have a good score, the most I can approve is $9,000 would you be ok with that". I thanked her and she said the card would be to me within the week. Score one for the recon books. 

Congrats on the approval!

For clarification and DP, was the $200K Bk all Citi or combined with other lenders. If combined, what was the amount of the Citi Bk.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, the $200k was with Citicards. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.