Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA Mileup 6.9k/AMEX Delta Gold ???

tag
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

Citi AA Mileup 6.9k/AMEX Delta Gold ???

I'm in the low-mid 700s for all three CRAs, trending up. Though maybe not so much with three new cards in 2021 (an earlier CU card/35k limit as well). Smiley Happy

Citi, like AMEX, was IIB (Ch 13) so it's nice to know they like me again. Smiley Wink 

(Sadly BofA still hates me so those cards are off limits, and I'm LOL/24 on Chase and will be for a while.)

Plan is to use the MileUp for a while as an AA card and then I might swap it to the Citi DC if I decide to plunge into the ThankYou ecosystem. Probably with a Citi Premier, and then I will have Decisions™ to make on my AMEX Gold and Green. The thing is I use rental cars enough that I can't stay entirely inside their ecosystem (Citi doesn't do rental car coverage, save for Costco cobrands... which I don't have a membership for), so I probably end up keeping Green or switching everything over to a 2% cashback card with insurance if I really decide I'm mostly defecting to Team Citi.

It's a teeny tiny bonus (10k miles + $50 statement credit with $500 spend) but I was afraid of getting rejected and went for the one with the best odds. At some point I will probably lightly churn through some Citi AA cards and downgrade them to MileUps.

It seems that AMEX has me at a four card limit so it's goodbye to the AMEX Hilton no-AF and hello to the Delta AMEX Gold with 70k DL after 2k spend + $200 statement credit after a Delta purchase. I had to do this through recon (cancel Hilton, recon, get approved) so I don't know the CL yet.

First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 15k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi AA Platinum Select 11.9k | Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Fredom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | AMEX Delta Gold 3k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi AA Mileup 6.9k/AMEX Delta Gold ???

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 2 of 7
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations 🎉 on your approvals. 🚗 🛩 

Message 4 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! ...

Message 5 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your AA Citi card and your new Amex Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Congratulations, nice to see the double approval! Enjoy them

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.