Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA Plat Approval 2nd of the day

tag
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

Citi AA Plat Approval 2nd of the day

Since my EQ was already unlocked from my previous PenFed app today and I had a link for 50K miles, I pulled the trigger and got instant approval.

Score is odd, higher than on MyFico and on EQ site, says range is 250 to 900, so guessing that is internal to Citi scoring system. Anyone know?

APR is just okay...site said "APR for purchases is 16.49% to 24.49% based on your creditworthiness" so looks like I am smack in the middle of that, kinda suxs....

Also, I have a Citi Diamond card, will Citi allow me reallocate that line to this new card? (assumption that is will have to be at $0 to move CL over). TIA!!

Citi AA approval.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi AA Plat Approval 2nd of the day

Nice approval.. Meh APR, but obviosuly not meant to carry a balance on that CC..  Nice limit as well!  Congrats on your two nice approvals today including Penfed!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on that approval.  Score given is a FICO 8 Bankcard score

Message 3 of 8
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Congrats - a nice line and even though it is a high APR, who cares as long as you PIF!

Beat them at their own game...

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 4 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Citi's turn to step up their own progress in this field Smiley Wink

Nice SL on the new Citicard and likewise it's in the works on this end too to do something similar on the transferring of lines option in the next month or so (fingers-crossed).

Hope it's a done deal on that for you soon.

Congratulations! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
merlinflex
Frequent Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Nice SL on the new Citicard and likewise it's in the works on this end too to do something similar on the transferring of lines option in the next month or so (fingers-crossed).

Just an update, I got the Citi AA cards and acitvated them, made sure my Citi Diamond was already paid off when I activated. Called in went through the 1st line CR and then got transferred to a back office Financial Analyst and then a Credit Analyst and end result, no can do as the two cards are different prods. Diamond is internal and AA is a co-branded. All the Citi reps were very nice, but could not be done. I have Citibank/CitiFinancial/CitiCard relations for like 15+ years and while I am not  their biggest client, not their smallest either, but could not be done due to that.  Suxs, but is what it is.  Just wanted to share.

If anyone has had any other results other than mine, please share and details as still iterested in combining my Citi Diamond CL over into Citi AA Plat CL for one card with a nice big CL.  TIA!!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet approval merlinflex super congratulations!
Message 7 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@merlinflex wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Just an update, I got the Citi AA cards and acitvated them, made sure my Citi Diamond was already paid off when I activated. Called in went through the 1st line CR and then got transferred to a back office Financial Analyst and then a Credit Analyst and end result, no can do as the two cards are different prods. Diamond is internal and AA is a co-branded. All the Citi reps were very nice, but could not be done. I have Citibank/CitiFinancial/CitiCard relations for like 15+ years and while I am not  their biggest client, not their smallest either, but could not be done due to that.  Suxs, but is what it is.  Just wanted to share.

If anyone has had any other results other than mine, please share and details as still iterested in combining my Citi Diamond CL over into Citi AA Plat CL for one card with a nice big CL.  TIA!!

Yeah that throws something of a monkey wrench in these plans too as initially set out to do so i'll have to study this some more and do my own poking around with their service reps and see if anything might turn up useful or not.

Thanks for sharing that experience.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.