Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AA SP CLI

tag
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Citi AA SP CLI

I've had my Citi AA for just shy of 3 months now. I noticed the SP language this morning but wasn’t expecting much as I've seen plenty of people posting that their Citi cards won't grow. Still, I figured it was worth a shot. Hit the button and got an instant $1k CLI. $4,800 to $5,800. No HP follow up. I'll take it as a sign that I'm on their good side especially since I plan to apply for a second Citi card in February.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi AA SP CLI

Congrats on the CLI! I've been waiting for the SP language in my Citi DC card but no luck yet, sadly!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 2 of 11
Caught750
Valued Contributor

I hope it pops up soon for ya! I've had some spotty history with Citi in the past (retail side, over 6 years ago) so this account has been somewhat special to me. The initial approval with a decent limit and this CLI is kind of like proof of how far my profile has come. I'm planning to add either DC or TY Preferred in Feb so I like knowing I'm on their good side.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 3 of 11
CramEiko
Established Contributor

Citi has been $1k - $1.8k per SP shot for me. It's a slow grower but, I'm fine with the SP's.

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 4 of 11
Caught750
Valued Contributor

I may take a HP with the next one. We'll see. Did they give you a better similar limit on your second card with them?
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 5 of 11
CramEiko
Established Contributor

@Caught750 wrote:
I may take a HP with the next one. We'll see. Did they give you a better similar limit on your second card with them?

If that was directed at me, then yes. Anywhere from $1k - $1.8k per SP per card. I have the cards timed together as far as CLI requests goes. Even though they are 5 months apart from each other in age. I just request CLI's every 6+ months or so.

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 6 of 11
Caught750
Valued Contributor

CramEiko, it was. I'm hoping for closer to $7,500 on DC or TY Preferred. I know that's probably wishful thinking but if they give another $5,800-6,000 I'd be perfectly happy. My scores are already 20 points higher than they were when I was approved.
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 7 of 11
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI Chasing750!!    The card is making progress!  I just took advantage of the 2,000 bonus miles after a quick $200 purchase on mine.  My last CLI was only $1500 so, seems to be a popular # around 1k on the CLI's.

Message 8 of 11
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Thanks, I'm okay with $1,000 though breaking into the mid $6,000s would have been a little beneficial in more ways than one. I don't know if I got that offer but Hilton has had some great offers this week.
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 9 of 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Congrats . I get that pop up all the time SP but always a denial. They don't seem to care for me they must be friends with AMEX lol

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.