cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantage - $1500 CLI (and question regarding 2nd Citi Card)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi AAdvantage - $1500 CLI (and question regarding 2nd Citi Card)

I have been waiting for this for quite some time. 

Back in August of last year I was CLD'd for high UTI per the letter from $3000 to $2180 (about $100 above my balance at the time). Tried to get it reinstated back then and multiple times since to no avail. 

I had been commenting on others Citi approvals and a "balance chasing thread" and thought... What the heck it has the SP language and Citi approved me a few months back for the costco card... so... Maybe?

Hit the Luv button and went from $2180-->$3680 +1500!!!. This surpassed my original SL before the CLD last year and I am honestly shocked. I think this is a defining moment in my credit turnaround. (Also had the disco luv today, AJC Special)

Definitely don't wanna push it at all, but curious about timelines for Citi CLI's since this is my fist in 3+ years. Also if one card is eligible is the other? Costco has SP language as well but its new (8/17/2019).

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi AAdvantage - $1500 CLI (and question regarding 2nd Citi Card)

For Citi Costco (2nd citi card, opened 8/17/2019) Should I give it a shot now with the SP language or wait until 61 days at least? 

Message 2 of 9
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on making your card

even better :-)

That has gotta feel good!

Enjoy,

Cheers

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! It really does feel great. It is crazy to think that improving my credit is my new "hobby" I am definitely starting to get the hang of this.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone able to answer the question regarding my second account showing soft pull language despite being at 55 days? Would like to pull the trigger if adviseable?

Message 5 of 9
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone able to answer the question regarding my second account showing soft pull language despite being at 55 days? Would like to pull the trigger if adviseable?

What happens when you try to button? It looks like if you read the verbiage carefully, it will tell you if it is a hard or soft pull. Or you could just call and ask. 

See here:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-now-more-transparent-when-requesting-a-credit-limit-increase/amp/

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@randomguy1 wrote:

I havent tried as I was waiting for someone to let me know if there was a good chance. It definitely says SP but I was wondering if those who have 2 or more citi cards generally get a CLI on each in the same day. Also, I am not quite at 60 days from opening yet. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I tried for the costco against my better judgement but was denied. I think waiting until 61 days was the right move.

Message 8 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on yer CLISmiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.