cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantage American Airlines Citbank card approval.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi AAdvantage American Airlines Citbank card approval.....

I was not going to do it ... but I did.  

I received an invitation from Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select in the mail.  

I hesitated because the prequal site did not have anything for me. 

On Sunday I was approved for a Discover IT card at $3,500 ... and that was the quintessential card that I desired. 

I applied for a BoA and was declined - I banked with them for years until they sold the area to Community Bank. 

I was good with them... so I have no clue why.  I am going to possibly recon with them. 

So because I know I am going to garden soon... I thought I would try for the invitation. 

I guess sometimes you have to say "What the Hell"  I just had my first mammogram today .. and I have another doctors appt. 

I guess I am feeling fearless today. 

Shock and Awe - approved for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select for $4,000 ! 

Question can/should I double app for another Citi - or will they pull again? 

Odd the ones I thought I would get I didn't and the ones I didn't think I did.  .... Crazy. 

Sincerely 

Bella Lina 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi AAdvantage American Airlines Citbank card approval.....

Congrats!!

Another Citi app will be another HP
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay then I won't do it.... 

I love you guys .. you are my peeps! 

I eventually want to combine my Capitols and get their Visa QuickSilver or Venture.  

So I am being choosey....  BoA made no sense to me. Ill recon that one. 

Hugs to all! 

Message 3 of 12
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your AA...... Citi rules are as follows.

you must wait 8 days between apps and no more than 2 apps in a 65 day period.. So to be safe, wait til the 9th day if your interested in

anither citi product. 

Message 4 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Discover and Citi!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow I did not know about the rules.  Good to know ... 

This is why myFico is the most informative on inside info.  

Thank you all for the congratulations. 

I have to figure out how to put my cards in my signature next.  

Im kind of very proud.  

I soon will have to put my credit cards in my signature - after I figure it out Smiley Wink 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

ScoreorbeScored I notice you got the new Discover It with the big initial.... How do you like that style card. 

I went with the Purple card... I thought about the rainbowish pink one.  But I think I will be very happy with Purple.  

My favorite artist was Prince - so I think that is why I stayed with Purple.  

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, BellaLina!  You've got some very nice cards!  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know ... I am so so so WoWza!  Like I said I waited and waited stalked - googled everyones stips that received the Discover Card. 

On my other post I explained me closing my eyes...hands covering them.. and then finally peek-a-boo'd a glance. 

I really did cry. 

Now the Citi AAdvantage Platinum - I got an invitation .. not a prequal. 

It sat around for apx a week... with a deadline of July something.  

I was going to hold on to it.. then I was going to throw it out thinking it will never happen. 

Then I was like well... what the heck... I am going to have to go get to gardening soon .. 

I threw caution in the wind.  But it came back with Approved $4000 ....   I know some here like these huge credit limits.. and this may not be enough for them.  But I feel blessed and honored.  I want to show them the respect they deserve because they showed me respect by putting my name on their card.  I will rub these cards like a genie in a bottle and hope that they give me some credit limit increases.  

I was denied for a BoA.. they did offer the 99 for 500 line.  I initially said no online .. I may change that. 

The thing is that I banked with them .. but they sold us to Community Bank.  I loved their website.. loved their customer service. 

So I am kind of taking this one a bit personal.  I might recon... I don't know yet.  I may never desire their card.. only because I thought I had that one for sure.... and I applied for that one before the Citi AAdvantage ... which almost made me gun shy of applying for Citi... Crazy. 

So I also applied for Chase Amazon Visa.. which I am on the 30 day waiting game.  That is why I think its time to garden.... but I wanted more than just my Capital One Platinum and Capital One Quick Silver One MC (and my Victoria Secret and Boscovs Comenity Cards) ....   that is why I went for Discover, BOA, Chase Amazon and Citi AAdvantage. 

before I get to gardening.  

I want to then come out of the garden and go for the Capital One Quick Silver Visa or Venture maybe another Chase.. and definitely the one I desire 2nd to Discover It ... drum roll is the Amex Everyday Blue ..   

Some one please direct me how to put the credit cards at the bottom of my posts... I know have a few .. and I want them up like trophies of my accomplishments... 

I can never say thank you to all of you.  Your tenacity and knowledge have helped me tremendously.  God Bless You All! 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.