cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantage Executive card approved!

tag
krmurrayjr10
Regular Contributor

Citi AAdvantage Executive card approved!

After having Citi’s AAdvantage Platinum Select card stuck at its original $3000 limit for the last 2 years, I decided to apply for the Executive version. Some of the Platinum’s benefits are duplicated by my status with AA, and since I live near 2 AA hubs in Philadelphia and JFK, I can make good use of the discounted Admirals Club membership.

My app went to pending right away, and finally after I called in a 2nd time after waiting for several days, I was approved for $13,000!

My FICO is in the low 700s across all 3 bureaus.

With this approval and one from Navy in recent weeks for $20k, 2 large new cards will be reported in the near future. My other card issuers are Amex, Barclay’s, US Bank (Elan) and Capital One. When these new accounts report, will they make the other issuers nervous? I run most of my spend through Amex and will continue to do so, and if Barclay’s does anything I won’t lose any sleep over it...
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage Executive card approved!

21785i28A83A703392EAB8.gif

Message 2 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

"I was approved for $13,000!"

Message 3 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice SL, grats Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 16
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Congrats what an excellent SLSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 16
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

The waiting days paid off. That’s an awesome SL!! Congrats!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Well executedSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 16
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

You...REALLY...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS  on your Approval, the SWEET SL, and Thanks for the DPs!!! Smiley Wink

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 8 of 16
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

@krmurrayjr10 wrote:

With this approval and one from Navy in recent weeks for $20k, 2 large new cards will be reported in the near future. My other card issuers are Amex, Barclay’s, US Bank (Elan) and Capital One. When these new accounts report, will they make the other issuers nervous? I run most of my spend through Amex and will continue to do so, and if Barclay’s does anything I won’t lose any sleep over it...

Congrats!

If, and I mean if, you see any AA it will most likely be from Barclays. But with only 2 new cards I personally don't think you will unless it's been less than 3-6 months or so since you acquired your previous cards. 

Message 9 of 16
drboxing
Established Contributor

I have this card as well, I utilize the Admirals club feature often. I really like the card, congratulations and enjoy

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.