cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantage Executive card approved!

tag
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage Executive card approved!

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

With this approval and one from Navy in recent weeks for $20k, 2 large new cards will be reported in the near future. My other card issuers are Amex, Barclay’s, US Bank (Elan) and Capital One. When these new accounts report, will they make the other issuers nervous? I run most of my spend through Amex and will continue to do so, and if Barclay’s does anything I won’t lose any sleep over it...

Congrats on your approval!!! yeah Barclays..... smh

I'm curious and asking for a "friend".. apart from the Admirals Club access, what other benefits made you pull the trigger?

Message 12 of 16
krmurrayjr10
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone!

My main interest in picking up this card was the discounted Admirals Club access, with the signup bonus and larger credit limit being secondary reasons.

I see UPS already has a delivery for me on Tuesday from Citi, which I assume based on earlier threads here contains just card information. Nothing yet from FedEx with the card itself...
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP how did the delivery pan out?  

I also have Citi cards.  When I got the biz AA card, I received the approval letter, then I received the card info, then finally the card.  It was really annoying.  

Same thing for the Premier card.  

DW works for American and her discounted employee membership is still higher than the AF on this card so I am going to apply soon.  I was regretting not having it on recent domestic travel to San Francisco and Miami.  It's hard to get to SFO Centurion lounge and Miami Centurion lounge is every bit as crowded as the forums and points-geeks-blogs describe.  Plus the Miami lounge had a broken coffee machine so the 1 working machine had a ridiculous line with snobby members unabashedly cutting in front of people who looked like they didn't understand at first glance.  ...not to mention how far north the lounge is compared to the high# southern gates.   It's quite a hike even from Centurion lounge to gate 41 and I think the terminal even goes to 60.  When my flight was delayed on Monday I didn't even try to get back up to the lounge because AA wouldn't give me a straight story on how long it would be even though they call the lounge for you, I just didn't think I'd have time

Anyway, looks like I use the same 'home' airports as you, how have you enjoyed the card so far? 

SFO tipped me off to an enhanced SUB referral, did you get the 50k or more? 

Message 14 of 16
krmurrayjr10
Regular Contributor

As I recall, I was approved on a Friday and the approval letter arrived the following Tuesday. A few more days passed before the card itself was shipped out on Thursday and FedEx delivered it Friday.

I got the 50k offer. I’m still waiting for AA to refund the miles I had spent previously on the Admirals Club membership. Although the Admirals Clubs aren’t the finest lounges, the AC in Philly’s Terminal A-West beats the overcrowded Centurion Lounge if you just want to relax, read, etc. for an hour or two before your flight leaves. I’ll be curious to see how the renovation there eventually pans out...
Message 15 of 16
CreditWolf
New Contributor

Wow congrats 👍
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.