Re: Citi AAdvantage M/C CLI -- Now a HP

Congratulations!

Message 11 of 19
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Citi CLI!

If you see a screen where you just need to input your income and housing payment, it would be a soft pull. If denied via a soft pull, you would be presented with a second screen to request a new limit. This will be a hard pull.

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 12 of 19
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditAggie wrote:

Congratulations on your Citi CLI!

If you see a screen where you just need to input your income and housing payment, it would be a soft pull. If denied via a soft pull, you would be presented with a second screen to request a new limit. This will be a hard pull.

Sometimes they'll come back with a SP offer and tell you that you might get more if they look again with a HP.   You can choose between staying pat with the SP offer and rolling the dice to see if a HP gets you a bigger CLI offer.   I can't speak to any outcomes if one rolls the dice. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 13 of 19
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Citi AAdvantage Increase.

Message 14 of 19
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!! 

Message 15 of 19
brk1971
Frequent Contributor

Unless there is something different about the Citi cli portal for your particular card, as others have said, it literally says "we will not obtain a credit report for this request" = SP (or it doesn't = HP). 

I'm not sure there is any change here at all.

Fico8 = EQ 779, TU 802, EX 771 (6/22/2022), util = 6.5% ish
INQ in 12 mo: EQ 4, TU 4, EX 7
Cards: NFCU: Flagship VS $45k, Plat $24.3k, Plat $10.7k | Amex: Delta Reserve $50k | Citi: DC WE MC $28.8k | Discover: It $22.5k | Barclays: Juniper $15.25k | USAA: PCR VS $15k, RA $5k | UMB: SR VS $15k | PenFed: Path VS $20k, Plat Rew VS $15k | Synchrony: Lowes’s store $25k | Truist: Bright $10.5k, Bright $6.5k | Cap1: Venture1 Plat MC $10.3k, Kohls store $3k | Comenity: MyCash MC $17.5k | Wells Fargo: AC $10.3k | TD Bank: Target MC $6k (Reports as retail card despite now being MC) | BoA: CCR VS $30k | Affinity FCU: Premium VS $25k
Message 16 of 19
practical1
Regular Contributor

@brk1971 

No particular notice, hard or soft pull referenced, except a generic "we may pull your credit file...."  Of course, I assumed they wouldn't.

Silly me....

Message 17 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi AAdvantage M/C CLI -- HP

@practical1 wrote:

@brk1971 

No particular notice, hard or soft pull referenced, except a generic "we may pull your credit file...."  Of course, I assumed they wouldn't.

Silly me....

@practical1 Perhaps the title of this particular thread may need to be edited to just "HP" versus "now a HP", because Citi hasn't changed their existing CLI policy whereby all future CLIs will be HP for all accountholders

That said, the language is fairly straightforward when a request for CLI is submitted via their link, unless you received a pop-up message about it.  

All recent Citi CLIs reported by other members indicate they've been SP, when the SP language is present. This includes my experience less than 2 weeks ago.

Message 18 of 19
dcp0524
Regular Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage M/C CLI -- HP

Congrats on the approval!  🎉🎉🎉

Just a week or so ago I was approved for a SP CLI on my Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select WEMC. After I first got the card in Nov 2021 when I would click on 'Request CLI' in the Citi mobile app it stated the CLI would be hard pull. Sometime close to the 3 month anniversary mark (beginning of Feb) the language changed to indicate I could request a CLI without a hard inquiry. I submitted the request and was approved with SP. Now since I was approved when I click on the request link it tells me I'm not even eligible to ask until sometime in August. 

Total Revolving: $159,800 - Utilization: less than 1%

Bank/Loans:

Future Apps:

04/27/2023
FICO 8 - EX: 744 | TU: 772 | EQ: 763
VS 3.0 - EX: 759 | TU: 792 | EQ: 811
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.