Re: Citi AAdvantage MileUp card, $11.6K SL @17.49%

@Remedios wrote:

@coldfusion  Congrats 🤗

ty Heart

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 13 of 22
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats there, sir! 🍸

Message 14 of 22
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval, but curious about something.
It looks like you have a very strong profile and you applied for the most basic AA card with the lowest SUB. I don't see why you wouldn't be approved for the better AA cards even without a mailer and downgrade to no AF eventually? (Not criticizing, btw. Just wondering if there's an angle I don't see)
Message 15 of 22
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 16 of 22
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@imaximous wrote:
It looks like you have a very strong profile and you applied for the most basic AA card with the lowest SUB. I don't see why you wouldn't be approved for the better AA cards even without a mailer and downgrade to no AF eventually? (Not criticizing, btw. Just wondering if there's an angle I don't see)

Fun and games.  The additional perks and higher SUB that come with one of the better AA cards have little value for me. 

If I had been motivated to collect AA miles I would have taken a ride on the grAAvy train. 

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 17 of 22
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

Fun and games.  The additional perks and higher SUB that come with one of the better AA cards have little value for me. 

If I had been motivated to collect AA miles I would have taken a ride on the grAAvy train. 

Ha... I was hoping you'd share some secret sauce for that grAAvy.

Message 18 of 22
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CITI success @coldfusion

Still gotta feel a little good even with all your other

credit success :-)

Enjoy Sir

Cheers

Message 19 of 22
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

Ha... I was hoping you'd share some secret sauce for that grAAvy.

The grAAvy train has run itself off the tracks, several weeks ago AA (not Citi) started methodically clawing back miles and cancelling reservations from AAdvantage members who got miles from cards they applied for using promo codes originally issued to other individuals. They aren't done with the bloodletting yet.

Topics discussing how to game the system are generally considered to violate the TOS here and that's a boat I won't rock.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.