Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select MC Approved - Cold App

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select MC Approved - Cold App

I had received a really good in-flight offer a month ago on a flight from Charlotte to the Caribbean when the Flight Attendants were making their card spiel. It included bonus miles, $100 statement credit, and a few one-time use Admirals Club passes. Once I got home I tossed it in the trash. 

Over the past few weeks I have received two "you are invited to apply" mailers from Citi for the Platinum Select card. It was 40k miles after $3k spend in 90 days and another 10k miles after $5k spend in 12 months. $95 AF waived for first year. And 0% APR for 14 months on purchases and balance transfers.

I haven't app'd for anything in about 9 months, my credit card balances are high on most accounts, 625 Credit Karma, and Citi has denied me plenty of times before because of my CH 7 BK (discharged 2009), high inquiries, and high balances. But I really wanted a chance at the bonus miles because between these and my United miles I will have enough for 2 return tickets to Europe for vacation.

So I app'd using the 'invitation' mailer even though it wasn't a pre-approval. I try only to apply with a pre-approval mailer or website pre-approval checker. Recieved instant approval for $8,500 at 22.24% APR and recieved all the bonuses listed in the offer. They pulled EX showing score of 660 (low for an approval on this card I thought).

Recieved the card less than 5 days later in a nicely put together welcome packet with balance transfer checks, terms & conditions, and re-cap of my sign-up offers. PIN was recieved in a seperate mailer with another re-cap of the sign-up offers.

I am super exicted to add this to my wallet as my daily spender for the time being. I hope to grow the account and maybe next year product change to the Executive card because even with the $450 fee it is worth it for the amount of work travel I do to have the Admirals Club membership.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select MC Approved - Cold App

Omgggg, this is such a mouth watering offer.... that 0% apr for 14 months puts the icing on the cake..l congrats on that nice approval .

Message 2 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very nice! Enjoy your new cardSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats!

Message 4 of 13
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats !!

Message 6 of 13
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Your post renewed my hopes to get approved.... so I apped this evening an well... approved!  $13,500 SL.   Citi likes me!  Thanks for the push! :-))

@Anonymous wrote:

I had received a really good in-flight offer a month ago on a flight from Charlotte to the Caribbean when the Flight Attendants were making their card spiel. It included bonus miles, $100 statement credit, and a few one-time use Admirals Club passes. Once I got home I tossed it in the trash. 

Over the past few weeks I have received two "you are invited to apply" mailers from Citi for the Platinum Select card. It was 40k miles after $3k spend in 90 days and another 10k miles after $5k spend in 12 months. $95 AF waived for first year. And 0% APR for 14 months on purchases and balance transfers.

I haven't app'd for anything in about 9 months, my credit card balances are high on most accounts, 625 Credit Karma, and Citi has denied me plenty of times before because of my CH 7 BK (discharged 2009), high inquiries, and high balances. But I really wanted a chance at the bonus miles because between these and my United miles I will have enough for 2 return tickets to Europe for vacation.

So I app'd using the 'invitation' mailer even though it wasn't a pre-approval. I try only to apply with a pre-approval mailer or website pre-approval checker. Recieved instant approval for $8,500 at 22.24% APR and recieved all the bonuses listed in the offer. They pulled EX showing score of 660 (low for an approval on this card I thought).

Recieved the card less than 5 days later in a nicely put together welcome packet with balance transfer checks, terms & conditions, and re-cap of my sign-up offers. PIN was recieved in a seperate mailer with another re-cap of the sign-up offers.

I am super exicted to add this to my wallet as my daily spender for the time being. I hope to grow the account and maybe next year product change to the Executive card because even with the $450 fee it is worth it for the amount of work travel I do to have the Admirals Club membership.

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 7 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Fico pusher saves another lol! ENJOYSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice approvals !! I'm jelly !!
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed about that sweet 0% for 14 months.. congrats!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.