Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®

tag
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

Re: Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®

I just did product change from Simplicity which is a sock drawer card for me to something more functional.

I like the AA benefits. A checked bag for myself RT is $60 dollars and almost covers the AF. WEMC benefits are also nice if you don't have them with another card. Postmates has a $5 credit over $25 and I use Postmates 4 or 5 times a month. Fandango about 1 time a month and that is another $5. There is also a discount with Shell as part of the card along with it being x2 gas earning. 

Reduced millage awards are nice. The key thing to keep in mind with AA flight is you need the full amount of miles in your account to make use of it. This is more effective when you are talking about domestic flights but when you are like 25,000 short of an international flight it will cost you 3 cents a mile to buy up the difference. What I'm doing is I'm collecting miles on vacations and redeeming miles for short run holiday travel when I have extra.

Airline miles are good for secondary collection double dipping with credit card miles. What I do on hotels.com is go through the British Airways shopping portal for x4 points per dollar then another x3 from Chase. Use the BA points to book American flights. If you have points in both BA and AA you can book one direction in each. Keep the excess chase points around for buying hotels, only a few thousand points for cheap hotel rooms.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great get and great SL! Congrats and welcome the the garden!
Message 12 of 14
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the card and incoming miles

Message 13 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.