Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantage Soft Pull Increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi AAdvantage Soft Pull Increase

This increase surprised me. After only 3 months with Citi I noticed a soft pull credit increase was available. Went from 11 K to 19 K with a push of the button. 8 K increase!

ive averaged 35 hundred spend each month. Paid in Full each month. 

Scores are 701, 716, 690. 

This is is my only card with Citi although I would like a Double Cash some day for general spend. Listing my credit limits below, It seems now the Citi is the highest. 

Citi AAdvantage   19 K

Amex Surpass.     15 K

Amex BCP.             3 K

Chase CSR.           16 K

Discover.               6 K

C1 QS.                    6.8 K

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi AAdvantage Soft Pull Increase

Heck of a big jump for a SP CLI from citi... Kinda unheard especially with scores you mentioned and your other TLs and limits.   Congrats though on a job well done for such a short relationship with them!

Guessing they like your 3500 a month spend or 10k approx in 3 months !Smiley Happy..  Granted I did the with the premier card and got a whopping 1k increase after 2 or 3 months by sp lol

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I was expecting the typical SP credit increases that you read about here. I don’t know what to say, Thankyou Citi!! Lol. 

Message 3 of 8
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Wow! Congratulations!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's AWESOME!! Congrats on the nice increase Smiley Happy

I don't have any Citi cards. How do you know it'll be a SP over HP? Or is it just like standard practice that if you use the button its SP with Citi like it is for Capitalone?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It said something along the lines of “you may be eligible for a CL increase without a credit check”. Hit the button and instantly gave me the increase. I would imagine if they were to give a hard pull that they would ask you first. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah okay! That is really cool and good to know Smiley Happy Anytime you can get a increase w/o a hp is awesome.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi is my favorite lender.  The spend and PIF each month definitely caught their attention.  If you use the cards wisely, they will reward you.  They've been very good to me over the years.  Yet, ironically, they are not my highest CL.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.