Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantage and Amex Ameriprise Gold

tag
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Citi AAdvantage and Amex Ameriprise Gold

I apped the citi card first and then the amex. Citi was auto approved for 8K SL and the Ameriprise gold charge card was approved after a quick call in to tell them it was actually me who apped. 50K miles after 3K spend on the citi card and 25K MR after 1K spend on the amex. Both pulled EX as expected.

I was a little bummed that the SL was only 8K on the citi card but it can grow over time.

Also for people saying that citi is new accounts/inq senstive I had 41 EX inq at the time of the app and loads of new accounts.

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage and Amex Ameriprise Gold

Good job congrats X2

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course ones' file is the determining factor as to whether or not inquiries/new accts impact obtaining new credit.

Somebody that has 50 inqs, 6 figure income and low utilizatiion, will undoubtedly get approved for anything.

Likewise, if that person has 50 inq's, $20-30k income, and 65% utilization...they're probably not gonna get approved for squat.

The inq's do/don't matter debate has too many factors.  Each file is obviously different and inq's will affect  approval odds more than others.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! !!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.