Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantage approval 7500 all/50k miles/20% apr

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi AAdvantage approval 7500 all/50k miles/20% apr

Dp's- 749 FICO pulled exp.. Guess it was FICO 9 since FICO 8 is 742. 60 days since first Citi approval. Email with a personal code to apply. No set apr in email..
7 scorable inquiries at time of app, 8 %UTI, 4th card approval since May.
7th new cc account in past 12 months.
Wondering if can use this hard pull for a cli on my first card?
Need anymore data points lmk

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi AAdvantage approval 7500 all/50k miles/20% apr

Congrats on your approval!! You can ask Citi for a SP CLI every 6 months. I've never asked for a HP one 🤷🏽
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes but I was wondering if since I took a hard pull for this 2nd card if they would possibly increase my limit on my first card which I got 60 days ago using the hard pull that I just got from the new approval.
Most likely won't push it and will not willingly take a hp for a cli at this point I have enough. Feels good to say. But never want to miss an opportunity
Message 3 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the AA card Smiley Happy

It could be a Fico 8 score there are different flavors of it. Not everyone uses the basic to approve. One of my CUs uses Fico 8 mortgate for all approvals.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are correct. I just checked my FICO bankcard 8 score. It is exactly 749. I didn't realize when I posted
Thanks.
I have some more research to do.
I'm now set up for miles, but time will tell if either Delta or AA annual fes will be worth it to us. We plan to travel once a year at least. Actually taking first vacation paid from first Amex sub 50k tomorrow morning headed to Florida!.
Most likely outcome one card is downgraded to the 0 AF version.
Thinking maybe keep the AAdvantage card with AF. Downgrade negotiate, or cancel fiance's Delta with a 1k limit, then have her get the Blue version (once in a lifetime bonus)
That way I don't restart CITI-AAdvantage 1/24 sub clock.
Message 5 of 10
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Awesome! Congrats!

Message 6 of 10
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

simoncongrat.gif

AU

Message 7 of 10
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Nice Win @dtk6802! Especially since it’s only been 60 days since their last Approval. Citi is either in love with you or talking smack behind your back..you got em on the hook! Congrats!
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit iscrack I think u got it man. They think I'll end up messing up with these high limits they gave me in the end. With my pretty young history, it seems like Synchrony and Discover have hit the brakes with me(until I can prove I'll handle big boy limits) on cli.
Before this past month my cl denials from Amazon would be not enough time with limit. Now it's saying that's all the highest limit I'm able to receive at this point(6k up from 2500 3 months ago...)
Disco has really become less than valuable to me as my credit grew. Mostly after BBP approval. Even 5% restaurants I'll take 4 MR'S with my GOLD card id say they are about a wash compared to Disco+end year match 10% on restaurants. Great when sending money with PayPal actually works for me (PayPal freezes unfreezing account weekly...)For me the twin 2k limits are a bit of a hassle but can obv. work around them.
Seems like Citi and Amex are trying to one up each other. Citi topped all my Credit cards with 5400 in July then August Amex basically matched with bbp at 5300 sl. Now September Citi AAdvantage at 7500 might be a coincidence since amex are biz cards... Plus used my DW amex Delta gold. Got Delta comfort plus seats. Felt like we were in coach... We asked for our complimentary drinks a bit early and were basically laughed at because crappy snack wasn't served yet. They made it seem like a meal and drink were free but just cheez its...
Message 9 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.