Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi AAdvantage approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi AAdvantage approved

I was approved for the Citi AAdvantage card.  I recently flew American and decided to apply.  Thought I'd share some data points for anyone interested:

Approved for $15,200

Currently 11/24 (ouch lol)

Oldest account 15 yrs AAoA 2yr 10 mos

Pulled EQ, (51 inquiries) and EX (40 inquries)

no late payments, no charge offs, no collections, only ch 7 bk discharged 7/2009 showing on TU & EX- doesn't appear on EQ

income $87k

small balances ($1100 spread across 3 cards at the time of app total SL $101,350)

24 open accts 27 closed accts -  18 cc (no AU accts), 2 student loans, 2 auto loans, 2 personal loans 

EQ 734 TU 710 EX 713 

Hope this helps anyone thinking about applying for this card.  

Been alternating between Discover IT card and Amex BCE for my main spending cards, I've now shifted anything outside of the 5% category on Discover to the Citi card to be sure I meet the spend requirement for the sign on bonus.

Was definitely surprised by the SL, as currenly my highest lines are both 15k (Lowe's and Commerce Bank Charity Charge) 

Although I'm excited about the sign on bonus, but still wondering if I should have looked into another airline rewards card that may be better? This was my first time flying American and it was nice, but Delta is the major airline here (Atlanta area)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi AAdvantage approved

Congrats, anything over 5/24 is considered LOL/24 or how we say in the Garden Club, LOLWUTSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

very nice approval although should of done research of which airline miles in your case delta would of been most worthwhile... Sure you can find a use for 60k AA miles though which is easily a RT ticket

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Very nice SL.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on Approval and very nice SL

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and awesome limit!
Message 6 of 7
blunderer
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval and nice SL!  Thanks for the DP.

BTW: I know some say the Delta card may have been a better choice but not sure if they're worth flying out of ATL since they have a horrible on time record.  Just my experience before I stopped flying with them because of that very thing. Again this is my experience I know that everyone else have their own experiences and opinions. 

You always go for the card that works best for you. Don't see why you can't get Delta too.  You can always check to see if you pre-qualify for it.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.