Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Anywhere Costco Approval w/92% Utilization

tag
Billharrell
Regular Contributor

Citi Anywhere Costco Approval w/92% Utilization

Just some data points from a very surprising prequal (and approval) for the aforementioned card...

I'll preface by saying that I've never had a citi prequal. Checked on a lark last week and the Anywhere card popped up. Three (or so) beers later I pulled the trigger against my better judgment.

Scores in the high 600's due to insane 92% utilization. 3yrs aaoa, fewer than three inquiries across all bureaus. Nine open cc accounts, one closed installment loan, no baddies, oh so low income. Highest limit $3,000.

Maybe it should be mentioned that I'm a new Costco member, about three months ago.

Instant approval for $4,000. I was shocked. Citi has denied me twice previously for the DC with scores in the mid-700s. Goes to show that you just never know.

Hope these dp's offer some insight. There are many sad stories on here from people with much better profiles than mine, and I thank all of you for providing your good/bad news for the benefit of the community. Tread lightly, and happy hunting!

2/18 FICO 8's:
EX(692): 3.1yrs, 8 inq.
TU(654): 0.3yrs, 3 inq.
EQ(683): 3.1yrs, 3 inq.
Utilization: 50%

Wall of Shame (recent denials/wish list):

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Anywhere Costco Approval w/92% Utilization

There is hope for us all.

Congratulations! Very nice SL!

Message 2 of 14
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on the Approval and the AWESOME SL!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which reports did they pull?

Message 4 of 14
Billharrell
Regular Contributor

They double pulled, EX and EQ. I'm in NY

2/18 FICO 8's:

Message 5 of 14
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Very inspiring approval! Enjoy your new highest limit!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 14
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 7 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats.. Now time to pay down your utilization as basically you are maxed on out on credit and crushing your scores.  Although if you signature is right you have about 10-11k in credit?  Is there a reason you have 92% utlization and applying for new credit with that high of number why not pay it down first?  

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great approval and CL, though I'd suggest getting that uti down before charging up the new card. Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 14
Billharrell
Regular Contributor

There's always a reason, it usually just boils down to life's curveballs. I chased a hard sinker in the dirt this year.

I know the game (thanks to this board), and have a plan in place to get my utilization down. Just wanted to share the data points because I think it was an unusual approval.

Not to get too philosophical, but I think people tend to post their app successes more than their failures. I know I'm guilty of that myself. But it's the stories of denials (with good data points) that have kept me from stupid apps numerous times. I knew that I'd get the "why don't you pay down your debt" comments. I could have just posted the approval with no data points and ghosted (I've seen that on here plenty, too). Anyway, thanks for the congrats and I appreciate the suggestions!

2/18 FICO 8's:

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.