cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi App Still Pending - Update: Approved!

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Citi App Still Pending - Update: Approved!

If you want to skip the application 'drama' and get to the post that tells about the approval itself, you can click the link below to jump to message #15:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Citi-App-Still-Pending-Update-Approved/m-p/462...

If you want to read the 'backstory' you'll want to just start from here... LOL  Smiley Very Happy

Some of you might recall I apped for Citi two weeks ago (5/16) and the app went to 'pending', and I promised to update everyone when I heard something.

Well, it's been over two weeks and I'm still getting the same message when I check the status online:

citi.jpg

When I applied I had 4 inquiries on EX and EQ (they pulled both) and no inquiries or new accounts since last November, so that should have looked OK to them.  My EX at the time it was pulled was 765 (possibly higher - this was my score after the Citi inquiry).  My EQ FICO was similar.

I've received nothing from them either via USPS or email. 

I'm not one to call in any case, but I'm especially not excited about calling Citi... we have history.  They were IIBK 16 years ago, and I had major issues with a Macy's account back around 2008.  If you'r wondering why I bothered with them at all, it's because I do have a use for the Diamond Preferred, and I figured my stats were about as good as they were going to get - there's probably not going to be a better time to see if I'm 'blacklisted' or not.

My question to my friends on here is, has anybody had a similar experience with an app staying in "pending" status for this length of time?  I know with Chase if you simply let the process work many times it will end with an approval... I've not seen as much feedback regarding Citi, though. 

While I would of course like the app to be approved, if it's not I'm really OK with it.  I had four approvals after the Citi app, and I'm well taken care of credit-wise at the moment.  I'm just about ready to chalk it off as 'denied' in my own mind and move on, but before I do so I figured I would see how normal this is.

Side note:  I'm the first to mention that not all lenders are for everybody, and that very well could be the case here, especially considering our past history.  Even if this doesn't turn into an approval, it's not a total loss - I'll know where I stand with Citi, and to simply not bother with them again.  Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Citi App Still Pending

I think you'll be fine UncleB. I had forgotten I burned Citi back in 2009 to the tune of more than $100,000 plus. They just gave me a $17,000 CLI. If they have forgiven me..you'll be their new Pimp daddy!Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 70
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Gmood1 wrote:

I think you'll be fine UncleB. I had forgotten I burned Citi back in 2009 to the tune of more than $100,000 plus. They just gave me a $17,000 CLI. If they have forgiven me..you'll be their new Pimp daddy!Smiley Very Happy

LOL... thanks for sharing that!  That does make me feel a bit better.  Smiley Wink

I've been at the same address for 10+ years, so that shouldn't be an issue, and I've never had fraud alerts or anything like that, either.  If they want to verify my income or anything I'll likely just say "thanks but no thanks" but if it's something simple I'll play ball. 

I'll think of giving them a call if I haven't heard back by Friday... I know once 30 days passes they'll want to do another HP which I'm NOT willing to do.

It's not like they can come through the phone and 'get me' or anything... LOL  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 70
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Gmood1 your words gave me courage and I went ahead and called them. (Otherwise I just be thinking about it until Friday...LOL)

The rep found the application with no problem, but told me it was still being processed.  She stated that it was with a senior rep at this time, and that I should be hearing back from them within a week either via phone, email, or USPS.

I'm both encouraged and disappointed... it's nice to know it could still be approved, but also I'm a realist and know that if it were a 'slam-dunk' it would already have been approved (either via automation or the rep would have done it by now).  I guess you might say I'm "cautiously optimistic".  Smiley Happy

For the moment I'm back to "hurry up and wait..."  Smiley Frustrated

In any case, thanks for prompting me to not give up just yet!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 70
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I'm going to think positive and say you will be approved!
It ain't over till the senior rep sings! 😂

Message 5 of 70
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Still wishing good luck on you Unc'

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you'll be fine.  I just went through the same thing.  Also spoke with the senior analyst.  Very nice lady.  Been calling her inbetween all of the waiting and found out Citi is rather a nice cc company.  I got the same message and a few days later an email stating congrats on my new Citi card approval!  Hang in there.  Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

Smiley Surprised Gmood1 how do you forget something like that? Smiley LOL

UncleB I hope you get it. I'm wondering if it could be verification or something since it's taking so long? On the bright side, the rep didn't say it was denied, so there's something Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

My citi application is still pending from 3/29...lol.  Part of that was verifying personal information issues, but I am well over them at this point. 

Message 9 of 70
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Smiley Surprised Gmood1 how do you forget something like that? Smiley LOL

UncleB I hope you get it. I'm wondering if it could be verification or something since it's taking so long? On the bright side, the rep didn't say it was denied, so there's something Smiley Wink

I had several creditors where the debt changed hands. I only focused on the ones that had it last. It wasn't until I dug deeper did I remember Citi was the original.

My burn must be so deep that they don't even remember it. lol

I completely stopped using credit for nearly five years and bought everything cash. At the time I didn't realize using my two CC's could have helped build my credit back sooner.

Message 10 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.