Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Bank Best Buy Visa Approval but...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi Bank Best Buy Visa Approval but...

So excited I got approved for Best Buy Visa SL @ 1k.. but I was hoping to use it to buy a new computer ($1,500) any possibility of SL recon? 

Also I know it is cobranded but it is a Visa from Citi, should I apply for a Citi Simplicity or DC ( Fico is around 640)

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi Bank Best Buy Visa Approval but...

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous excited I got approved for Best Buy Visa SL @ 1k.. but I was hoping to use it to buy a new computer ($1,500) any possibility of SL recon? 

Also I know it is cobranded but it is a Visa from Citi, should I apply for a Citi Simplicity or DC ( Fico is around 640)

I got mine in house and had store rep call in for a CLI....SL 1500...UP TO 4500

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds promising, maybe ill just call them now =)

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds promising, maybe ill just call them

I made a boo boo..its 2500-not 4500..oops

Message 4 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your BBSmiley Happy It can grow nicely. Im not sure but i think 640 may be a bit low for the Dc and simplicity. I would use your Best Buy and build some history. I did this and i truely believe it hrlped me get my DCSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just called. She ran it with the same credit pull. Asked for 2k more was denied. But she said I was welcomed to reapply anytime I want. Maybe will try tomorrow and ask for 1k more.
Haven't decided on the D.C. Or simplicity or answers making me veere to the don't apply lol
Message 6 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I believe if you were denied on recon, youll probably be denied on another try so soon. Save your hp for a few months from now when you have some history and your score is risen. Then maybe ask for 5k and see if they counter.
Message 7 of 11
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Hey congrats I have this card also and I really like the financing options , I would not try again so soon for a CLI , use it pay it off build some history then try again
Message 8 of 11
padme
Established Contributor

not sure about anyone else but I use the BB visa for groceries and such. also no reason to keep HPING this card, it is what it is. look to CU's for larger lines when u can get over 660+.
Message 9 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Just a note, even though its a hp hugger , i finally got this to 10k. Not bad for a visa siggy lolSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.