Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Bank CLIs - Simplicity card and Home Depot

tag
KatSoDak
Frequent Contributor

Citi Bank CLIs - Simplicity card and Home Depot

This bank makes me happy.  They offered a product change to Double Cash but I decided to stick with the Simplicity card. Currently there's several active balance transfer offers plus 5% back as statement credit on gas purchases through July.  

Its been 6 months since my last CLI so I requested $3,000 and was approved.  This puts me at a very reasonable $15,900

It was also time to look at DH's Home Depot card that I'm AU on and keep track of.  It was at $10,500 and my $3,000 CLI request for that card was also approved.  I figure this was a realistic amount to ask for on each card.  We usually have some spend on the HD card and right now are finishing 2 smallish concurrent promos.  No problem asking for and receiving CLI with ongoing promos.  

FICO 8:

EQ FICO 9 - 770
EX FICO 9 - 758

Citi (2) | Discover | HSBC | BOA | NFCU (2) | WF (2) | Simmons Bank | FNBO (2) | PENFED | BBVA | US Bank | Lowes | Care Credit | Home Depot AU
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi Bank CLIs - Simplicity card and Home Depot

Congratulations on your CLIs!

Message 2 of 14
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CLIs! 

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 14
Titans84
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLIs!

Current FICO 8:

Message 4 of 14
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Citi Bank ~ Simplicity Card and Home Depot CLIs . . . keep watering and growing!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 5 of 14
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on both of your CLI's! 🥳🎉

Message 6 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Sweet, grats to all your success!

Message 7 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice job. Curious as to how you requested a certain amount for your Simplicity    as i always see request cli but no way to manually put what you want unless its a hard pull request.  Were both these cli sp as Home Depot is usually hp. Thank you. 

Message 8 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI"s !

Message 9 of 14
KatSoDak
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit  You are right. I was mixed up on the Simplicity request.  Only Home Depot allows an amount on the CLI request. I've been receiving 3k from Citi on the Simplicity card the last couple times I asked for a CLI so I requested that on HD also, figuring Citi would be agreeable to that amount

Simplicity was SP but HD was hard. Equifax is rarely pulled so a SP on that CRA didn't hurt. Last hard inquiry was Jan 2020 for previous Home Depot CLI request. 

edit: clarification

FICO 8:

EQ FICO 9 - 770
EX FICO 9 - 758

Citi (2) | Discover | HSBC | BOA | NFCU (2) | WF (2) | Simmons Bank | FNBO (2) | PENFED | BBVA | US Bank | Lowes | Care Credit | Home Depot AU
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.