Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Bank CLIs - Simplicity card and Home Depot

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi Bank CLIs - Simplicity card and Home Depot

@KatSoDak wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit  You are right. I was mixed up on the Simplicity request.  Only Home Depot allows an amount on the CLI request. I've been receiving 3k from Citi on the Simplicity card the last couple times I asked for a CLI so I requested that on HD also, figuring Citi would be agreeable to that amount

Simplicity was SP but HD was hard. Equifax is rarely pulled so a SP on that CRA didn't hurt. Last hard inquiry was Jan 2020 for previous Home Depot CLI request. 

edit: clarification

Just a FYI ..for Citi Co-branded cards >> IE: Home Depot, Shell, Macy's, Bloomingdales and others.

Request high ..like $10K or more, they will counter offer what they will give you .. if your "full" request amount is not granted.

This way, you do not leave money on the table.

Message 11 of 14
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

🍻 Congratulations on your approvals...
Do not forget that your can ask/check for additional promo's!
Message 12 of 14
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@KatSoDak wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit  You are right. I was mixed up on the Simplicity request.  Only Home Depot allows an amount on the CLI request. I've been receiving 3k from Citi on the Simplicity card the last couple times I asked for a CLI so I requested that on HD also, figuring Citi would be agreeable to that amount

Simplicity was SP but HD was hard. Equifax is rarely pulled so a SP on that CRA didn't hurt. Last hard inquiry was Jan 2020 for previous Home Depot CLI request. 

edit: clarification

Just a FYI ..for Citi Co-branded cards >> IE: Home Depot, Shell, Macy's, Bloomingdales and others.

Request high ..like $10K or more, they will counter offer what they will give you .. if your "full" request amount is not granted.

This way, you do not leave money on the table.

^^^ a 1000%

He is ✅ right!

Give it a shout next time!  They will counter. 

Message 13 of 14
RickNATL
Established Contributor

I'm still trying...lol...congrats

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.