Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi / Best Buy CLI Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi / Best Buy CLI Approved

I've had the card since April 2019. The card started out at $2,500. Citi auto increased the card to $3,600 earlier this year. Before that, I tried calling reps and went online to try to do a CLI on my own, but they would always want approval to pull my reports.

To help with my credit ratio, I decided to take the chance and clicked submit request and got the card increased to $7,500 (over double what the limit was before)! They pulled Experian and Equifax for sure, as I recieved alerts for them (I'm now at 3 inquiries for Equifax and 7 for Experian).

I have a promotional balance of $1,700 (was a $2,100 purchase) with them that is 0% until next June.

My question is "Should I call them to request more?" It was an instant approval and I don't want to leave anything on the table after they did that hard pull. It will be a long time before I do it again.

New credit ratio for all accounts: 29.86%

Income: $30k gross (I put in $25k for net)

Experian: 701

Equifax: 686

Housing: $0 (live with parents)

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Citi / Best Buy CLI Approved

Grats on your BB CLI Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Congrats on the CLI.  I wish they didn't require a HP on that card, and that's why I sit at $4,300 on it.  

Message 3 of 11
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Should I call them....   😅I am uncertain of it will be another HP.  If you are certain that it will not be then give it a shot! 👈

Message 4 of 11
Jetiquette
New Contributor

Personally, I wouldn't request more. I have had a BB card for 12  years and still have the initial $2,200 CL and will not request an increase if it requires a HP. It's the only card that has never given me a CLI since I initially got it while in college and now make over $100K a year. 

EQ 764 / TU 775 / EX 775 (as of 9/26/21)
Message 5 of 11
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your CLI! I'd just let it go at that unless you have a real need for more, but that's just me.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you use the card, in my experience, they are generally pretty giving with the CL. Granted, I do have several accounts with Citi (and they were my first CC, so I have a long untarnished relationship with them) and when I first got my BB card (store, not visa) it was a 1000 limit, and over 4 years, it's been auto increased up to 6,400 that it is now.

But take that with a grain of salt, I suppose because my Citi Diamond card sat at 500 since I was 18, only increasing to 1000 with a request a month ago. Haha

Message 7 of 11
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!!

Message 8 of 11
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Best Buy CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 9 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats! ..

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.