Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi / CBNA CLI's

tag
Asilomar
Frequent Contributor

Citi / CBNA CLI's

I've been helping my mom with her credit, essentially doing for her what I've been doing for myself -- judiciously increasing the number of tradelines, getting the limits up, getting the utilization down, and then watching it all grow pretty flowers.  

I keep spreadsheets with all her data and today it was time to step on the gas with regards to those limit increases.  Mom has several Citi products -- 1 revolver and 3 underwritten retail cards.  Now I'm not ready to add any more plastic children to my collection but when I am -- when it's time to re-bucket -- I'm totally going for Citi next as they were unbelievably generous.  

Here are some stats I hope are useful:

Mom's current scores:  EX 751, EQ 738, TU 755

Home Depot/CBNA

Opened Nov 2013

Hard pull of Experian

Previous CL:  4,700

I asked for 20K and got it.  Increase of 15,300.

Best Buy/CBNA

Opened Sep 2016

Hard pull of TransUnion

Previous CL:  3,000

I asked for 13K and got it.  Increase of 10,000

Citibank Costco Anywhere Visa

Opened July 2017

Hard Pull of Equifax

Previous CL:  6,500

I asked for 15K and got it.  Increase of 8,500

Macy's/Citi Retail Services

Opened Sep 2005

Soft Pull

Previous CL:  10,000

I asked for 20K and got 16K.  Increase of 6,000. 

So yeah, thanks Citi for the extra 39,800 bucks.  Mom's utilization just became miniscule and I just became cooler than my sister. At least for a while.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EX 809 TU 806 EQ 810

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi / CBNA CLI's

Wow... Very impressive.  Congrats...Keep it up

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice increases!! 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on getting all of those CLI!

Message 4 of 7
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Awesome job there! Nothing like the extra cushion moving forward. Just never know when/ if that emergency arises where you need it handy 

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 5 of 7
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

It was only 5 month ago my macys was at 1000 and my hd was at 500. Now they’re at 11 and 10. 😃

Message 6 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice job CleatsSmiley Happy. Just keep in mind Citi has been known to factor total exposure over all their cards , retail and legacy, in future cli requests. Not sure the max but it is possible that could end up in a letter. Now go buy us some stuffSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.