Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI question

tag
MissImMe
Valued Member

Citi CLI question

Earlier this week, I attempted to a CLI increase on my AAdvantage card. I was declined. This was via a SP. My FICO associated with the account dated back to June and a lot had changed since then.

Today I called knowing that my credit report and score have improved drastically and that I'd be approved via a HP. I asked for 10k--no real logic to the number and got approved. 1k to 10k.

I went back and tried a SP CLI on my Citi TYP. Got the denial.

Would you recommend leaving it alone or calling them to say they should increase it considering I was just granted an increase on my other card via HP today? Would I stand a chance?

Thanks for your help!

Finally hit the 800 club. I don’t see any other credit cards that I want. Guess I’ll garden.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi CLI question

You have a slim to non chance for a SP CL for another 6 months in my opinion. I would let it be. You maybe could get one off your HP but a good chance they will do a second HP. Congrats!
Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 10
MissImMe
Valued Member

I'll let it be.

Thanks!

Finally hit the 800 club. I don’t see any other credit cards that I want. Guess I’ll garden.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you should leave it alone and lay low. If you start pushing and having too much available credit, they might audit you and ask for income verification. Congrats on your increase.
Message 4 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Just keep track of the date of your last CLI. You should be good for a SP CLI every 6 months of $1,400-$1600 CLI. That will add up over time.
Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MissImMe wrote:
Earlier this week, I attempted to a CLI increase on my AAdvantage card. I was declined. This was via a SP. My FICO associated with the account dated back to June and a lot had changed since then.

Today I called knowing that my credit report and score have improved drastically and that I'd be approved via a HP. I asked for 10k--no real logic to the number and got approved. 1k to 10k.

Would you recommend leaving it alone or calling them to say they should increase it considering I was just granted an increase on my other card via HP today? Would I stand a chance?

Thanks for your help!

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 10
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Arent Citi cards set on 6 month CLI rotation now?

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MissImMe wrote:

Thanks for your help!

Congrats on your CLI! You could try asking them to reconsider the previous CLI, but Citi requires 6 months between CLIs. With everything, YMMV.

Message 8 of 10
MissImMe
Valued Member

Vegas--I have no idea. Perhaps because I attempted the SP and went with the HP, they gave me some love. The report they had was also about 3 months old and a lot had changed since then in terms of my utilization.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.