Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI "service not avail" message?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi CLI "service not avail" message?

I went to request a CLI on my Citi DC card this morning and I got the service not available message that you see below.  Does anyone know if this is a glitch related to Citi, perhaps their system is down, or something else? 

I don't believe it has anything to do with my account.  My last CLI was over 6 months ago and several times in the last few months I've gone to the CLI request screen just to see if there was SP/HP language there (it's always been SP) but I haven't made any actual requests.  Now today when I finally go to place the request, the service isn't available.  Just wondering if anyone else has run into this?dc.jpg

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Citi CLI "service not avail" message?

Seems like a glitch. Citi's website is not known for being the best. Just try it again later.

Message 2 of 11
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I didn't get that message when I just checked my account.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like a glitch. Citi's website is not known for being the best. Just try it again later.

It definitely seems like a glitch, as when I click the credit line increase link for about a quarter of a second I can see the CLI screen start to show up, but then it immediately switches over to that image above saying not available.  I've also tried multiple browsers.

I suppose I'll try again this afternoon and later tonight and see what happens.

Message 4 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I have never seen this before. I almost wish that I got that message when trying to request a CLI with Citi, just to see something different haha. For whatever reason, I have not had a SP increase with them in 2 1/2 years.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

No issues from this end. I would suggest clearing all browser history (for all) / cache and cookies and try again much later. Also, try on a different device or PC.
Message 6 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
No issues from this end. I would suggest clearing all browser history (for all) / cache and cookies and try again much later. Also, try on a different device or PC.

Finstar, what you said reminded me that I actually have seen this happen before, and as it turns out it was with Citi, but for Best Buy.  I usually run Wondows 10 with Microsoft Edge, vs using the regular I.E.  Not only was I having issues navigating certain pages, but I couldn't even log in at times using Edge. But on I.E. it was fine.  Eventually, the problem fixed itself and I don't have that issue when using the site on Edge now.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

For whatever reason, I have not had a SP increase with them in 2 1/2 years.

What does your spend/payment pattern look like?  What is your BCE score available through your Citi account?  Do you have other Citi accounts, perhaps having already reached maximum exposure with them?  Have you had trouble getting CLIs through any other lenders, or is it Citi-specific?

Message 8 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For whatever reason, I have not had a SP increase with them in 2 1/2 years.

Thank you.  I answered below, but your third question is what I have been suspecting all along, but I didn't have concrete evidence. 

What does your spend/payment pattern look like?  For now, not much.  Ever since I caught on to the fact that they were not givingn me increases, I barely use the Double Cash or Thank you card.  I do use the Best buy Card though.  Prior to this CLI issue, I was probably spending about 25% consistently on both, but had several huge spikes that I paid off in the same cycle. 

What is your BCE score available through your Citi account?  My last Citi updated fico from the end of last month showed a score around 790+

Do you have other Citi accounts, perhaps having already reached maximum exposure with them? I have the Double Cash and Thank You cards, then the Best Buy Visa.  I do think this is the answer.  Possibly too much exposure for them or something. 

Have you had trouble getting CLIs through any other lenders, or is it Citi-specific? This is definitely Citi specific. 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to update and say that it worked by mid-afternoon.  I contacted Citi and they just recommended clearing cache/cookies and rebooting... something I had already done. 

Slightly off topic, but I received a $4k CLI... a bit of a letdown considering my last SP CLI 183 days ago was $7k.  I was hoping with 6 months more Citi history (account 1.5 years old as opposed to just 1 year old) I'd land a CLI equal to or greater than my last one, but it is what it is.  Calendar set in my phone for 181 days to grab that next one!  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.