Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi CLI trifecta

tag
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Citi CLI trifecta

Today was my 6 month mark with Citi for CLI requests. I have an 8 year relationship with Citi and I am a Citigold client. However, I discovered MyFICO two years ago and my credit adventure really took off. Prior to that, I had been AMEX Platinum and cash only since 2010. What I am attempting to say is I am not sure if my overall relationship with Citi has influenced their decisions while handling my accounts. I have dubbed it the @Aim_High effect because he really started driving the point home to me in his posts. In two rounds of CLI request (a 12 month span) Citi has nearly doubled the limit on my Prestige card and given me $21,000 in increases total. My scores in signature are current. I have tried to provide as much pertinent information as possible. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Citi always seems to be very generous with my Prestige card. I am not sure if it is because that is always the card I ask on first or not. 

Citi Prestige: $28,000 ---> $36,000

AoA: 1 year 3 months 

Original SL: $20,000 

Average spend: $1,800 - $2,200 monthly with $1,700 of that being my mortgage.

Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select: $11,400 ---> $12,900

AoA: 1 year

Original SL: $10,400

Average spend: $50 - $75 monthly when not traveling for work. $1,100 - $2,100 when traveling. I strictly fly AA because they have a lounge in my home terminal. 

To anyone reading this with the AAdvantage Executive do you find the card worth the AF? Please share your thoughts. I am considering upgrading my card when travel resumes.

Citi Rewards+ : $8,000 ---> $9,500

AoA: 8 years 2 months - This card was converted from a SD'd Citi Simplicity card in September 2019 on a promo offer and given a $2,000 CLI to $7,000.

Original SL: $5,000

Average spend: $25 - $75 monthly; whatever gas & grocery purchases are made after my AMEX EDP has reached 30 transactions for the month.

90C0929E-C1D8-4504-9024-437B3459F355.png938DA52C-BAC9-4CCC-B9B6-9E7EB67EF2C7.pngB177C1D1-C3D8-44DD-9A0B-B0D975279E5E.png

33 REPLIES 33
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Citi CLI trifecta

Congratulations on your CLIs x 3!
Message 2 of 34
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Citi CLIs!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 3 of 34
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Very cool!

Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLI trifecta.

Message 5 of 34
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

I would send Citi a dozen roses and a bottle

of wine if they gave me those CLI's Smiley Very Happy

Congratulations @nuohlac !!! Very cool post.

Thanks so much for sharing your story and dp's.

Yeah can't go wrong listening to @Aim_High 

Enjoy,

Cheers

Message 6 of 34
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@nuohlac Congratulations on your Increases!!!

Message 7 of 34
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

@AllZero wrote:
Congratulations on your CLIs x 3!

I could set a watch to you... I would not know what time it is though. You're always up late. You're always up early. We must share a circadian rhythm 😂🤣

Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your three CLI's with Citi. I just got a CLI on my Double Cash this morning as well. I've also been able to almost double the limit on that card in less than a year. Citi's been good to me thus far 😬

Message 9 of 34
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congratulations @nuohlac !!!

I paid my mortgage for a year or so using the Citi DC.

I think it made a big difference over the last 5 years with other Citi approvals.

If Plasitq would offer a long term promotion. I'd use the DC now to pay the mortgage. 

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.